Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2017 9:34:36 PM EDT
It looks like their City Clowncil has concocted just the right formula.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 10:37:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Actually, it started tonight.

Charlottesville: Hundreds of white nationalists march with torches
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 10:39:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Just watched them live at UVA. There were a lot of guys marching.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 10:40:29 PM EDT
[#3]
My wife was bugging me, wanting to drive back in to town to watch and take pics (she used to be a pro photographer). It's only 25 min away but I said "hell no!"
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 10:46:44 PM EDT
[#4]
My workplace is right on the perimeter of the cordoned off area downtown. Folks are a bit nervous.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 10:57:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My workplace is right on the perimeter of the cordoned off area downtown. Folks are a bit nervous.
View Quote
My wife's office is at the corner of High and 9th, only a block from court square. We took the computers, hard drive, and some files home with us this evening.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 11:10:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My wife was bugging me, wanting to drive in to town to watch and take pics (she used to be a pro photographer). It's only 25 min away but I said "hell no!"
View Quote
Good call. You could tell people were already on edge early this afternoon.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 7:39:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Kind of glad I've been overseas this year.  This crap I keep hearing about is crazy!
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:59:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Let the Nazi turds have their free speech.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 1:47:07 PM EDT
[#9]

roger that. let 'em speak. freedom of speech includes saying stuff that might offend people. inciting to riot tho, isn't. let's have all the talk and speech we can get without violence.

Fire and Fury
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 2:28:46 PM EDT
[#10]
My wife told me that MSNBC reported that someone drove a car into a crowd today.  Hope it's a mistake

ETA- Just watched the aftermath video, six injured.  It's not clear at this time if it was purposeful or if someone was trying to drive out of an unruly crowd.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 4:06:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 6:45:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Reports now that a State Police copter is down and two dead Troopers.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 6:50:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My wife told me that MSNBC reported that someone drove a car into a crowd today.  Hope it's a mistake

ETA- Just watched the aftermath video, six injured.  It's not clear at this time if it was purposeful or if someone was trying to drive out of an unruly crowd.
View Quote
1injured, 1 dead
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 8:55:05 PM EDT
[#14]
The person driving that car absolutely ran people over on purpose. The footage was brutal.
Hopefully justice is served.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 10:30:54 PM EDT
[#15]
very sad for loss of lives.

more from people that we there and in reader's comments:

Western Rifle Shooters Blog
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 2:39:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I was there. And I can't help but be confused by the actions of the VSP and feel like the city kind of set everything up.

First they only had half the park closed off which caused the right to be packed against the barriers and allowed the left to pepper spray them, throw bottles and cans of cement,  balloons of paint and piss, and using aerosol cans as flame throwers.

I watched as did the police as this went on for a hour and a half. There was only one entrance set up into the park and groups of 20-30 of the right would go out at a time to push the crowd back. Then it was declared a unlawful assembly and the right were pushed out of the park and into the crowd. It was crazy.

Again I think the VSP were just following orders from the city who should shoulder a lot of the blame.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 3:58:13 PM EDT
[#18]
You spread hate, don't be surprised when you get hated on I suppose.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 6:39:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I was there. And I can't help but be confused by the actions of the VSP and feel like the city kind of set everything up.

First they only had half the park closed off which caused the right to be packed against the barriers and allowed the left to pepper spray them, throw bottles and cans of cement,  balloons of paint and piss, and using aerosol cans as flame throwers.

I watched as did the police as this went on for a hour and a half. There was only one entrance set up into the park and groups of 20-30 of the right would go out at a time to push the crowd back. Then it was declared a unlawful assembly and the right were pushed out of the park and into the crowd. It was crazy.

Again I think the VSP were just following orders from the city who should shoulder a lot of the blame.
View Quote
Why would you be there?  Fascists on both sides and Cville is a pathetic place.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 12:40:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Because I wanted to be? I typed out a longer response in the GD thread.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 2:52:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Why would you be there?  Fascists on both sides and Cville is a pathetic place.
View Quote
News flash- Antifa means anti-fascist..
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 2:41:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
They may say they are "anti-fascists", but their actions are also just as fascist.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 4:30:11 PM EDT
[#23]
I can say I'm a 70 year old, short skinny black woman until I'm blue in the face

I can even change my name to Bertha

It won't change that I'm a 6'5 white dude in my mid 40s

Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 6:32:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Irony is lost on those assholes.

BTW, anyone  else suspect almost everyone involved in that shitshow was an import?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 7:55:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Pretty much, yeah.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:40:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top