Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2017 9:34:33 AM EDT
There were some congressman, staffers and aides practicing this morning for an upcoming congressional baseball game when a shooting started. A few people were hit, no life treating injuries are being reported at this time. The gunman is in custody.

CNN
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 11:37:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Never let a crisis go to waste. Governor Mcaweful on scene, stating we need more gun control. "We lose 93 million Americans a day to gun violence" "that's too many"

Hope the victims have a speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 11:54:07 AM EDT
[#2]
The President was just on stating the gunman, James Hodgkinson from Illinois has died and the FBI are taking over the investigation. Time will tell if they can find the motive.
I did see a press conference with another congressman who said the gunman walked up to him and asked who was on the field, the congressman replied that the Republicans were on the field. The congressman then got in his car to head back to the Hill and the shooting started shortly after.

Of course over Governor is asking for gun control, after all the gunman is from out of state and had nothing to do with Va. except that is where he chose to shoot people. I hope nothing comes of this in the gun control arena. We have enough laws that don't do much in realistically detouring crime. You can have all the background checks you want and people still get a hold of guns, look at NY, Ca and Il. since they have the toughest gun laws and yet people still get guns. Maybe, just maybe, it is not a gun problem but a mental health problem.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 12:05:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The President was just on stating the gunman, James Hodgkinson from Illinois has died and the FBI are taking over the investigation. Time will tell if they can find the motive.
I did see a press conference with another congressman who said the gunman walked up to him and asked who was on the field, the congressman replied that the Republicans were on the field. The congressman then got in his car to head back to the Hill and the shooting started shortly after.

Of course over Governor is asking for gun control, after all the gunman is from out of state and had nothing to do with Va. except that is where he chose to shoot people. I hope nothing comes of this in the gun control arena. We have enough laws that don't do much in realistically detouring crime. You can have all the background checks you want and people still get a hold of guns, look at NY, Ca and Il. since they have the toughest gun laws and yet people still get guns. Maybe, just maybe, it is not a gun problem but a mental health problem.
View Quote
He was a Sanders supporter...
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 12:34:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He was a Sanders supporter...
View Quote
I am starting to see his FB posts that are popping up. As time goes on, it looks more and more like the Republicans were targeted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top