Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2017 8:17:15 AM EDT
....and I'm hoping that a gun-friendly guy buys the place. Lots of shooting in the neighborhood, and we don't need some uptight liberal gun-hater moving in.
So if any of you guys are looking for a nice 18-acre place with a 100-yard range, a pond, and a 4-bedroom 3-bath house, here's your chance. Price is $549,900 and you can find it on Zillow. Look for 39254 Rickard Road, Lovettsville, Va.
Loudoun County schools are outstanding, taxes aren't too bad, and the house is less than 15 minutes from the MARC station at Brunswick. Excellent shopping in Purcellville, Leesburg, or Frederick. All less than 30 minutes away.
I have no interest in this place, other than the fact that it's next door and I don't want some asshole from Arlington or Alexandria moving in who calls the cops every time they hear a gunshot or a dog bark.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 9:13:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Ugh, I freakin' wish.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 9:21:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Pending Offer per the Zillow site.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:44:10 AM EDT
[#3]
The property next to me was for sale last year. 100+ acres. Every time I saw the realtor pull in, I would walk back to my treeline and rapid fire a mag thru my AK. People finally bought it. Nice couple, hunt and shoot. Maybe you should try my method!
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:18:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The property next to me was for sale last year. 100+ acres. Every time I saw the realtor pull in, I would walk back to my treeline and rapid fire a mag thru my AK. People finally bought it. Nice couple, hunt and shoot. Maybe you should try my method!
View Quote
I've had some serious thoughts along those lines. My neighbor, however, is a really super guy, and has done me a lot of favors. So I don't want to screw up any deals he may have pending. If I can help him sell the place to a gun person, that's one thing. But to screw up a deal when he's trying to sell his house is something else.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 2:40:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to live up there in town.  It's a great community.  Lots of good drama going on there with the new clock face, town center, and town management.    Go join the fire department if you can....they could always use the help.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 7:32:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Brilliant Sarge!  Well done!
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:17:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Years ago a couple bought some property overlooking the place I had then.. Anyway, the day they purchased it (only saw pics before) they did a walk around, so what did I do ?  2 30 round mag dumps.. they put it back up for sale the same week
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 5:31:51 PM EDT
[#8]
My kid is about to go into his final year of HS, but once he's done we'd love to head out towards Lovettsville.  I have permission to hunt on a farm out there and I really like the area, plus my commute would still be reasonable.  Too bad your neighbor couldn't wait one more year because I would be interested.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 6:37:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Whenever you see somebody checking it out just go outside and start shooting.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 6:53:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Whenever you see somebody checking it out just go outside and start shooting.
View Quote
Ummm...If you read earlier posts in this thread, especially the one from 5/31/17 at 11:18, you will see that this idea has already been addressed.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 6:54:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Just got an email from my neighbor. His house has sold. Closing will be 6/30.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 7:22:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just got an email from my neighbor. His house has sold. Closing will be 6/30.
View Quote
Greet the new neighbors on moving day with an AR over your shoulder, a pistol on your side, and a big bowl of chili with beans.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 4:57:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Best of luck to you. Looks like the idea I had was already given and a very common one at that.

Fingers crossed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top