Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2017 8:09:00 PM EDT
I just moved from Arlington to Alexandria and have my concealed carry permit coming up for renewal in June.

Am I good to mail the renewal paperwork to the Alexandria circuit court with my new address, or submit my renewal along with proof of the change of add was to Arlington circuit court?

Searched online and no clear indication of how to proceed in any VA official website verbiage.

Thanks for any help based on personal experience

Eric
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 9:06:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Technically the issuing county can issue an updated permit, but it isn't required.  DL and permit is what counts.  Go ahead and file with the new county sin e its 90 days away and hopefully they'll issue one in time.

If you can spare the time, i would walk it in and get a receipt, it may come in handy later.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:30:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Renew now in Alexandria.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 5:53:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, gents. I'll mail the renewal form to Alexandria with a copy of my DL which just arrived with the new address.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 7:01:52 PM EDT
[#4]
As an update, Alexandria issued my new one with my new address and I received it in less than a month from mailing it in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top