Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2017 4:23:35 AM EDT
looking to buy a S&W shield 9mm 45 both with no thumb safety

since Smith & Wesson  has a $75 mail in rebate for the shields I was wondering if any local stores have them in stock at a good price? I been looking online and I found some but they are way over priced. even buying online and paying for shipping and the ffl paperwork will still be cheaper. so if anyone that has seen some shields at a good price let me know.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you checked with Quantico Tactical?
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 10:06:41 PM EDT
[#2]
yes Quantico tactical wanted $350 for the shield. but it was better than some of the other local shops where they wanted $380-$400 or more. funny how they got mad when I asked them if they could lower their price and they acted like I insulted them. so I went ahead and ordered a 9mm from palmetto state for $319 and $330 for a 45 from four winds technology. the cheapest was $300 from wittaker arms for all shields 9mm 40s&w and 45acp but they were sold out.... but they might get some more sometime later this week.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you checked with Quantico Tactical?
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 10:38:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:03:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 9:00:28 AM EDT
[#5]
So while you saved $30 bucks by ordering online it will cost you just as much, but probably more as buying from QT, after you add in transfer fees and shipping.

QT has always had the best overall price on anything I want and that is even after figuring in the hour and twenty minute drive for me to get there from Central Virginia.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:49:21 PM EDT
[#6]
QT only had the shield 45 thumb only and I wanted without the thumb so I would not been able to buy that. but the palmetto state was free shipping and from four winds shipping was only $7.77. FFL dealer that I use all the time only charges $20 for the paperwork but if you are doing more than 1 firearm it is still $20 total not $20 per firearm if you do all the paperwork on the same day some I'm out about $28 for shipping and FFL paperwork. plus I would have over an hour drive 1 way to get to QT and on top of that I would have to pay sales tax for each firearm which would be $40. so by going to QT it would cost $70 more plus gas which would cost $15-$20 and sit in all that traffic where a hour+ drive back home is now 2-3 hour drive back home.

whittakers guns is just having a sale this week only for $299.99 for shields which started April 1st. I already called them to see if they were getting any more in and they did not know and to call back later this week to see if they got any in.

Quoted:
So while you saved $30 bucks by ordering online it will cost you just as much, but probably more as buying from QT, after you add in transfer fees and shipping.

QT has always had the best overall price on anything I want and that is even after figuring in the hour and twenty minute drive for me to get there from Central Virginia.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 3:20:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Also keep in mind that a fair amount of the guns at QT (Sigs, and S&W) are First Responder only guns and they won't sell them to civillians.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 6:29:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Also keep in mind that a fair amount of the guns at QT (Sigs, and S&W) are First Responder only guns and they won't sell them to civillians.
View Quote
Are dealers allowed to have both guns from that program and non program guns?
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 9:47:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:04:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes, and in the case of Shields, we have both.

BUT, the LE/Military Program Guns we buy direct from S&W, the commercial guns we buy through distribution.

Guys, this is absolutely the Salad Days for Shields.  Unbelievable deals.    There are $75 rebates and on the commercial side, the distributors are buy 7, get one free plus eight free mags.  Smith and Wesson apparently decided to go cheap early and grab market share.   If I didn't already have six Shields, I would be a buyer. 
View Quote
Are you going to be at the Salem gun show April 29th-30th?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top