Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2017 2:26:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 3:18:50 PM EDT
[#1]
The park is a no go for trucks,  The National wildlife Refuge is the end of the road to the south.  Only access the park by boat or by the tram in the NWR. which is seasonal and probable not running until june.

Blue Petes, Margie and Rays, decent nearby restaurants.  The Island Grill is here in sandbridge,  decent food.  Simply steamed is a take out place here that makes seafood and is good.  The Baja is on the south end, decent place nice scenery on the bay.

Nothing else here but houses and beach and bay.  

Not really any gun shops real close by.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 4:01:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 6:28:28 PM EDT
[#3]
You will be 10-15 minutes from Walmart, and food lion, a strip mall things.  The main ocean front is about 25 minutes.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 6:40:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:07:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I recommend the Military Aviation Museum in Pungo. Excellent place
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 7:15:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I recommend the Military Aviation Museum in Pungo. Excellent place
View Quote
This is a must!
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 7:20:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 12:46:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

My Vietnam vet dad will be along, gonna try to take him by, although he doesn't get around too well much anymore.  Hope there are plenty of benches.
View Quote
Only hangar i know of that doesn't have benches is the german cottbus hangar.  some of the hangars are set farther down the road, but they can run a shuttle down there if you want, or sometimes they'll let you drive your own car down there if you don't feel comfortable walking.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 3:12:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:43:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, they have a WWI hangar down a little road from the main hangar. Easy walk but you can drive or they will run a shuttle. You gotta take the time to see it. Usually they're flying something, can be anything from a bi plane to a Mosquito or P-51. You don't normally see that at other museums. When I was there, I had recently read about a ME-262 they had just acquired. I asked a guide about it and he said they keep it at a facility in Suffolk because it was setting the grass strip on fire. I don't know if the place in Suffolk is a museum or just private storage.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 1:41:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yeah, they have a WWI hangar down a little road from the main hangar. Easy walk but you can drive or they will run a shuttle. You gotta take the time to see it. Usually they're flying something, can be anything from a bi plane to a Mosquito or P-51. You don't normally see that at other museums. When I was there, I had recently read about a ME-262 they had just acquired. I asked a guide about it and he said they keep it at a facility in Suffolk because it was setting the grass strip on fire. I don't know if the place in Suffolk is a museum or just private storage.
View Quote
It's literally the only thing they have there now. They packed up all the other storage and tools and brought them to the VA Beach facility about 2 years ago. Two of his planes I want to see the most came from Suffolk and are now in deep storage - unsure of when/if they'll get them flying. A-26 and a Sea Fury. The A-26 was 75% done, too
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:15:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Colonial Shooting Academy is there in VA Beach........if you are into golf or wanna take a crack at it Top Golf is right there.....just watch that wonderful wonderful 4 lanes of madness trying to get to it. Uummmmmmmmmmmmmmm, theres always the local zoo (walmart) after dark, some cool things always seem to go down there after 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top