Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2017 4:45:43 PM EDT
Could one of you maybe help me out?

For some reason I thought I had until May before my permit expired, but I was wrong. I have a couple weeks. Do I need to have the permit notarized beforehand or can the clerk sign/notarize it right there when I drop it off? For some reason I seem to recall they can sign it there.

Thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 4:59:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

For some reason I thought I had until May before my permit expired, but I was wrong. I have a couple weeks. Do I need to have the permit notarized beforehand or can the clerk sign/notarize it right there when I drop it off? For some reason I seem to recall they can sign it there.

Thanks,
Mike
View Quote

In Fairfax the answer is yes.  I would call the county clerk or civil intake desk in your county to be sure.  UPS stores can also notarize as well.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 5:07:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

In Fairfax the answer is yes.  I would call the county clerk or civil intake desk in your county to be sure.  UPS stores can also notarize as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
<strong>Quoted:</strong>

Thanks,
Mike

Actually - In Fairfax, they send you from Civil Intake downstairs to the office that does Marriage Licenses for Notary. That is new since my last renewal, and I was there on another matter. However, it is in the building, and it is free. When I was there, there was also virtually no wait.

-shooter
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 5:29:14 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're doing it in person, don't sign it ahead of time. They'll need to witness you signing.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 6:31:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies! I remembered after I posted that I had forgotten to add what county I am in.  I am in Fairfax so that answers my question.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 6:48:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Actually - In Fairfax, they send you from Civil Intake downstairs to the office that does Marriage Licenses for Notary. That is new since my last renewal, and I was there on another matter. However, it is in the building, and it is free. When I was there, there was also virtually no wait.

-shooter
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<strong>Quoted:</strong>

Thanks,
Mike

-shooter
Interesting, they must have changed it since Oct 2016.  The clerk did mine at Civil Intake.  Some building not a big deal.  Go early and not on a Friday or the end of the month if possible, Civil sometimes get busy.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:04:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

-shooter
View Quote
Did not do that last Friday when I went in to renew mine.

FWIW the 4 people I was in line with at Civil Intake were all there to apply for CHP, none of the three in front of me were sent to another office for notary.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:10:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Interesting, they must have changed it since Oct 2016.  The clerk did mine at Civil Intake.  Some building not a big deal.  Go early and not on a Friday or the end of the month if possible, Civil sometimes get busy.
View Quote
Ditto, although I believe she did make a comment that they normally don't notarize as she was doing it.  What can I say, I'm friendly to folks and they generally want to help me.  

I'm really happy we only need to do this every 5 years now.  It was every two many years ago...and the initial application back then was a huge pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 4:11:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Im in Frederick County
I took my application filled out to the clerks office, I signed, they signed, out of there in 10 minutes

Renewal was mailed to my house in exactly 10 days.  I couldn't believe it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top