Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2017 6:31:57 PM EDT
Just saw that 2 thieves tried to hit SSG Tactical yesterday morning. Unlike the other recent reports we have all read about, SSG boasts heavy gage steel cage doors and covers over there door and windows. The glass door was busted and the lock to the cage door damaged but, they never got in.

FLS story

FPD FB page with surveillance photos
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:29:31 PM EDT
[#1]
From the description and photos, sounds like the same crew that hit 50 West Armory...
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:43:23 PM EDT
[#2]
All I saw on the 50 West incident was the initial intagram post by them. Have they made any headway with the investigation?
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 8:07:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From the description and photos, sounds like the same crew that hit 50 West Armory...
View Quote

It really does.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:33:35 PM EDT
[#4]
A smart crew would've had chains and used the truck to rip the door off.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 7:48:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A smart crew would've had chains and used the truck to rip the door off.
View Quote

Makes you wonder if they cased the place first or not.

I heard on the drive in this morning on the radio that Ash Tactical in Spotsy on Rt. 1 got hit the same day shortly before SSG got hit .All they got was money. I have been to Ash Tactical once, the place is small. If i remember right 4 show cases, so they most likely lock everything up in back. They seem to be more of a custom build shop then a retailer.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 11:06:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I have used ASH twice now for repairs and AR15 modifications.  The customer service was excellent and prices were very good.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 9:51:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Saw on Facebook a couple weeks ago where a guy in a hoodie tried the doors to Albemarle County Firearms late night or early morning.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:00:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Saw on Facebook a couple weeks ago where a guy in a hoodie tried the doors to Albemarle County Firearms late night or early morning.
View Quote
Yup - he tried on two different days.

He broke the glass in the door both times, but the alarm sent him running before he could get into the shop.

Bob S.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:14:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Just heard they caught all of them. All in jail waiting for their time in front of a judge.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:16:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just heard they caught all of them. All in jail waiting for their time in front of a judge.
View Quote
yup, SSG posted this on there facebook an hour ago.
3 in custody
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 2:01:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 2:39:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Excellent.

Fuck them all.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 8:07:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Excellent bust. They believe they are the same guys who hit 50 West Armory.  

Surprising fact from the article - they got 25k worth of guns from 50 West but also did 45k worth of damage during the break-in
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top