Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2017 12:04:55 PM EDT
So bear with me here.

I have an old POS handgun I found in an old house I rented.  The action is sloppy, the trigger is dirty and I'm not sure the thing is fit to fire.  

Are there any gun buy-backs that I can take advantage of to put a little coin in my pocket and waste their time?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 12:41:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Gun Buy Backs..

They should be illegal
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 2:17:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Take it to Cabela's or Gander Mountain and see if they will give you some cash or store credit for it.  I was in my local GM last week and they had some old beat-up break top revolver on sale for $99 so they will probably look it over and maybe make you an offer.  At least it may end up in someone's collection and not melted down.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 2:21:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like a Pistolet Automatique Cal 6.35 - 1921 Unis.  Basically an old Spanish 25acp vest pocket pistol.  Not the Saturday Night Special you may infer.  My first handgun was a Raven 25, some us started much lower and still found them serviceable.   Somebody would buy that, why support any gun buy back program?

I've shot guns of much more questionable integrity
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 5:44:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Take it to Cabela's or Gander Mountain and see if they will give you some cash or store credit for it.  I was in my local GM last week and they had some old beat-up break top revolver on sale for $99 so they will probably look it over and maybe make you an offer.  At least it may end up in someone's collection and not melted down.
View Quote

I live too far away from either of those to make it economically viable and repair parts are like hens teeth.  It's not worth anything so any offer I would get wouldn't be enough to cover gas.

However, bilking some anti-gunners out of some money and telling them I'm going to use the funds to buy a functioning gun sounds like a whale of a time.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 7:19:12 PM EDT
[#5]
If it's an older pistol, maybe see if you can donate it to someone like Forgotten Weapons?
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 7:29:38 PM EDT
[#6]
There's only one locale that continues to defy us and pushes a gun buyback, Fredericksburg, which has had 3 buybacks now.  However, you're gonna have to wait until Dec 2017 and you will get $100.  Ms. Doris Buffett (Warren's Sis) is the philanthropist funding with the help of their anti police chief.   If you really want to stick it to them, crossing enemy lines for a gold-digging-dating-granny scheme would make you one helluva arfcommer  

If you put that gun on VA Gun Trader you'll come out ahead.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 3:55:44 AM EDT
[#7]
List it in a local gun forum or one of the few remaining gun pages on facebook (they are still around for buy, sell and trade but they do it on the down low to stay under facebook's radar) for $50 and id wager that you have plenty of Fudds and ghetto goblins begging you for it. At least that has been my experience. List anything quality, even for a deal and it wont move if its over $500 but list any piece of junk that shoots for less than $100 and people will fight for it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 10:56:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There's only one locale that continues to defy us and pushes a gun buyback, Fredericksburg, which has had 3 buybacks now.  However, you're gonna have to wait until Dec 2017 and you will get $100.  Ms. Doris Buffett (Warren's Sis) is the philanthropist funding with the help of their anti police chief.   If you really want to stick it to them, crossing enemy lines for a gold-digging-dating-granny scheme would make you one helluva arfcommer  

View Quote

I think Fredericksburg gets away with it by not giving the money to the person bringing in the gun but instead donating it to some charity.  So it's technically not a "buyback.'  It's still a load of BS.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 1:57:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I think Fredericksburg gets away with it by not giving the money to the person bringing in the gun but instead donating it to some charity.  So it's technically not a "buyback.'  It's still a load of BS.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fredricksburg does not do a buy-back, it is a called a give-back....and is complete shit. The VCDL tried to sue them a few years ago but did not have standing to so. You give the PD the gun, then you get to choose which of a few pre-determined charities get the $100. They think by not giving you the money it is not a purchase which is BS. I know the VCDL is trying to fix this via legislation instead of lawsuit, hopefully the succeed soon.

In the past, some arfcommers will park on the small service road leading to the PD and outright buy guns before they hit the PD parking lot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top