Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2017 4:08:56 PM EDT
My apologies if this shouldn't be here, but it does pertain to VA.  Can someone verify if this is the correct person/address to notify for my Form 1/4?

Virginia
Virginia State Police an agency within the Cabinet Secretariat of Public Safety,
Colonel W. Steven Flaherty
7700 Midlothian Turnpike
North Chesterfield, Virginia 23235
804-674-2000

Also, I live in Fairfax, VA.  Does anybody have any preferable places to get fingerprinted?  Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:34:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My apologies if this shouldn't be here, but it does pertain to VA.  Can someone verify if this is the correct person/address to notify for my Form 1/4?

Virginia
Virginia State Police an agency within the Cabinet Secretariat of Public Safety,
Colonel W. Steven Flaherty
7700 Midlothian Turnpike
North Chesterfield, Virginia 23235
804-674-2000

Also, I live in Fairfax, VA.  Does anybody have any preferable places to get fingerprinted?  Thanks in advance!
View Quote

City of Fairfax or Fairfax county?
I am not sure on the state police POC, most people notify there local LE and not the state.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 5:09:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

City of Fairfax or Fairfax county?
I am not sure on the state police POC, most people notify there local LE and not the state.
View Quote

Fairfax County.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 5:18:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Fairfax County.
View Quote

I know people went to the Ffx. County Sheriff's office to get NFA forms signed off before. I would imagine you could do the notification there now. I don't live in Ffx. county anymore so I am not sure who the current POC is. You could call and ask or someone coming along might know.

As for the prints, either the Sheriff's office or the police department should be able to print you. I went to my local Sheriff's office for prints when I renewed a few years ago(i had to start over as I was a few days late). I know some charge for printing and some don't so, if you use a LE agency ask about that.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 5:27:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:00:04 PM EDT
[#5]
For finger prints go to the Fairfax County PD. Sheriff Dept. does not do them. Follow the below instructions. Do not go to one of the local stations as they will not do them there.

Central Records Section of the Fairfax County Police Department is located at 10600 Page Avenue, Fairfax, Virginia 22030. The office is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. The office closes at 3 p.m. every Wednesday
http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/services/records-check.htm#Fingerprints

You used to have to get the Sheriff Dept. to sign your Form1/4. You can still mail the notification to them. I would not and have no plans to do so again. Mine all go to the VSP now at the address posted already. I have no idea what state does with them but I know the Fairfax Sheriff Dept. started to keep records of what forms they were signing, meaning they were keeping records of what you bought, etc. I have no idea what they are doing with the notifications they are receiving now. The Sheriff Dept. web page only has a link that takes you to the ATF webpage. It gives no other instructions on it now.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:18:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
For finger prints go to the Fairfax County PD. Sheriff Dept. does not do them. Follow the below instructions. Do not go to one of the local stations as they will not do them there.

Central Records Section of the Fairfax County Police Department is located at 10600 Page Avenue, Fairfax, Virginia 22030. The office is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. The office closes at 3 p.m. every Wednesday
http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/services/records-check.htm#Fingerprints

You used to have to get the Sheriff Dept. to sign your Form1/4. You can still mail the notification to them. I would not and have no plans to do so again. Mine all go to the VSP now at the address posted already. I have no idea what state does with them but I know the Fairfax Sheriff Dept. started to keep records of what forms they were signing, meaning they were keeping records of what you bought, etc. I have no idea what they are doing with the notifications they are receiving now. The Sheriff Dept. web page only has a link that takes you to the ATF webpage. It gives no other instructions on it now.
View Quote

Thank you! That was extremely helpful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top