Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2017 2:43:44 PM EDT
The next Steel Challenge is April 1st 15 April at the IWLA range.  We'll be shooting:

Roundabout
Showdown
Pendulum
Outer limits
Smoke and hope

This fun shoot starts at 0800 with a safety brief and shooting at 0830.  Contact me if you need details.

Due to weather - the April 1st match is postponed:

All,
The steel challenge scheduled for this Saturday, 1 April has been postponed until 15 April due to anticipated poor range conditions.

The national weather service predicts two separate rain systems moving through our area Friday and Friday night producing an inch of rain. Those of you who are familiar with our rifle range know how bad that can be, just to walk out to post a target is a mess, let alone 25 - 30 people wandering around out there for 4 - 5 hours,  it will be a quagmire.

Go figure weather wasn't an issue in February but it is in April, welcome to Va.

Hope to see you all on 15 April,

Previous:

We have a couple of slots open if anyone is interested.  The Alexandria Chapter of the Izaak Walton League will be holding a five-stage Steel Challenge on Saturday the 4th of February at our facilities off Garrisonville Road in Stafford. The safety brief begins at 1030 and the match starts at 1100.  Cost is $30 for non-members. We shoot for fun so this is a no stress, no trophy event; women and children shooters are also welcome.   Drop me an IM if interested or if you have questions.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:43:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm in if you'll still have me. Sent another IM.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:58:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm in if you'll still have me. Sent another IM.
View Quote

Replied.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 8:17:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Excellent match and a great group of shooters!
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 4:09:50 PM EDT
[#4]
The next Steel Challenge is April 1st at the IWLA range.  We'll be shooting:

Roundabout
Showdown
Pendulum
Outer limits
Smoke and hope

This fun shoot starts at 0800 with a safety brief and shooting at 0830.  Contact me if you need details or would like to attend, $20 Members and $30 non-members.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:12:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't make the match since I won't be out of work until at least then (and I've never shot one anyways), but is there an opportunity to come out and learn the stages on non-match days?
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 6:48:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I can't make the match since I won't be out of work until at least then (and I've never shot one anyways), but is there an opportunity to come out and learn the stages on non-match days?
View Quote
The honest answer is no since we have to shut down both rifle and pistol ranges to hold the match, but you can look up the stages on line to get a feel for them before you come out.  Also, this is a fun shoot so we have a full range of skill levels from first time steel shooters and kids, to regular folks, to some high speed types. We generally shoot this every other month and change the stages since we can't shoot all eight given our range configuration.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 4:50:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks. I'll keep an eye on this post for information about the next match, and check the stages out online.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:55:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I want to come if I'm in town. Should I PM you my number?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:40:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I want to come if I'm town. Should I PM you my number?
View Quote
No need, just show up at 0815 for the 0830 safety brief.  You'll need a pistol, OWB holster, 250rds of ammo, five mags, eyes and ears, food and water.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 7:09:25 PM EDT
[#10]
All,

The steel challenge scheduled for this Saturday, 1 April has been postponed until 15 April due to anticipated poor range conditions.

The national weather service predicts two separate rain systems moving through our area Friday and Friday night producing an inch of rain. Those of you who are familiar with our rifle range know how bad that can be, just to walk out to post a target is a mess, let alone 25 - 30 people wandering around out there for 4 - 5 hours,  it will be a quagmire.

Go figure weather wasn't an issue in February but it is in April,  welcome to Va.

Hope to see you all on 15 April,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top