Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2016 7:30:21 PM EDT
I need a SBR lower engraved, and their website is gone.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 9:17:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes I think they closed up shop. Go see Jeff at US Tactical. He does much better work. I believe he will have his engraver at the gun show this weekend. He brought it the last 2 shows so I would expect him to bring it again. He will do it while you wait.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 8:01:12 AM EDT
[#2]
When I got my lower engraved by photon last year he was closing up shop and his lease was ending at the end of the month.  He said he was going to do engraving from home or some other location.  Not sure if I still have his card.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 9:22:16 AM EDT
[#3]
+1 for Jeff at US Tactical.  He usually sets up near the front entrance at NGS.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 11:59:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes I think they closed up shop. Go see Jeff at US Tactical. He does much better work. I believe he will have his engraver at the gun show this weekend. He brought it the last 2 shows so I would expect him to bring it again. He will do it while you wait.
View Quote

Great tip, thank you!
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 10:52:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Great tip, thank you!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Great tip, thank you!
Jeffnis there and he does great work.

Link Posted: 11/21/2016 7:24:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

What is he charging nowadays?
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 2:43:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$80 when he did mine a year or two ago. I now ship everything to Tar Heel State firearms and they do it for like $30 with a day or two turn around.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 10:12:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had him engrave my Sig MPX as an SBR on Sunday at the show and it was $60.  $100 regularly.  Did a great job.

Link Posted: 12/16/2016 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

$80 when he did mine a year or two ago. I now ship everything to Tar Heel State firearms and they do it for like $30 with a day or two turn around.
View Quote

http://tarheelstatefirearms.com/
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 6:32:53 AM EDT
[#10]

I had an AR lower, AK receiver, and 870 receiver done by these guys too.  I'm very pleased with the work and they turned it around quickly.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 12:10:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Great example of wanting to support the local guy but charging 2X-3X is just not workable. I brought a couple lowers to Photon a few years ago. He wanted 90 bucks a piece. I was impatient so I paid it. It was exactly the same lower and marking twice. Maybe I'm naive but isn't the second one easy once you've got everything dialed in from the first one?

Ran quickly into the welcoming arms of Identmarking.com and never looked back. Hmm, looking just now I see their prices have risen as well. I'll check out Tarheel.

-Stooxie
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 4:27:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I had an AR lower, AK receiver, and 870 receiver done by these guys too.  I'm very pleased with the work and they turned it around quickly.  
View Quote

They did my SBR AR lower and it looks great. They will get my future engraving business.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 11:58:43 PM EDT
[#13]
anyone get a polymer receiver, like a scorpion, done? I'm more than willing to send to tarheel, but I feel like ups overnight is gonna rake me over the coals.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 12:13:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I despise having to ship this stuff.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:20:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Positive review for tar heel state firearms. I shipped/provided a USPS priority label, it was literally turned around to me in less than a week, including ship times.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top