Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2016 2:15:37 PM EDT
I have nothing to do with this company I heard about it on the radio.Maybe of interest for those looking for somewhere to hunt.
Outdooraccess.com

Mods delete if I should not be posting this.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 10:10:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting concept.  Why isn't this a bigger thing?  For folks that are new to an area or move around or just anti-social, this seems like a great way to find places to hunt.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 10:32:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Endless circling dots here...
Terry was looking at it during work Tues night...
Can't comment until I actually see it.
Hopeful though.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 11:58:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Their web site says they have 100 members.But they have been hitting the airwaves with ads Big time.Their Facebook page seems to have more info then the web site.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 2:57:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 3:21:02 PM EDT
[#5]
This is pretty sweet, thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 5:23:33 PM EDT
[#6]
That is awesome for someone like me that just wants to hunt small game once or twice a year!  But how do those landowners make money if some of their daily rates are $0 a day?
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 11:25:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Here near winchester we have a club that owns a ton of land, and also leases huge parcels of land, for members to hunt on.

$60/yr

Winchester Frederick County Conservation Club

Clubs owns a bit over 800acres, leases additional 500acres. Additional leases usually just over border in WV
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 11:37:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is awesome for someone like me that just wants to hunt small game once or twice a year!  But how do those landowners make money if some of their daily rates are $0 a day?
View Quote

Haven't even looked at the site yet, but it might be a way for someone to just allow people to hunt on their land, but be covered from the liability angle.

Lots of farmers don't mind if people hunt their land, they just don't want to get sued.

ETA:  lol, maybe that, but it looks more like people who want to cut down the nuisance deer population.  Lots of small-acreage plots for $0.

Cool site, gonna bookmark it and check it out more later.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 10:51:53 PM EDT
[#9]
WHAT THE FUCK?

I just checked out the website and found the PROPERTY THAT I LIVE ON listed. It only pisses me off because my landlord told me that I CANT hunt on the property but has is listed for fucking strangers to come hunt...
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 2:18:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
WHAT THE FUCK?

I just checked out the website and found the PROPERTY THAT I LIVE ON listed. It only pisses me off because my landlord told me that I CANT hunt on the property but has is listed for fucking strangers to come hunt...
View Quote

You must have some fucked up lease, man.  That shit would NOT fly on any standard lease I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 2:23:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
WHAT THE FUCK?

View Quote

I would definitely be contacting the landlord about it...
I would want to know if the property I lived on was being hunted...kids, dogs..etc...
potentially dangerous situation...
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 2:23:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
WHAT THE FUCK?

View Quote

DT..
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 12:18:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I would want to know if the property I lived on was being hunted...kids, dogs..etc...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WHAT THE FUCK?

So I live on about 15 acres, most of which is wooded. The part that is being hunted is well away from the actual house and yard and he did list it as bow hunters only but I asked him several times if I could hunt here and he straight up told me no and no exceptions but strangers from the Internet are A-okay.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 12:47:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So I live on about 15 acres, most of which is wooded. The part that is being hunted is well away from the actual house and yard and he did list it as bow hunters only but I asked him several times if I could hunt here and he straight up told me no and no exceptions but strangers from the Internet are A-okay.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
WHAT THE FUCK?

But what does the lease say?  If you're leasing the entire property, and there's no clause about hunting rights, he can't lease hunting rights to someone else, and he can't stop you from hunting it, either.  At least, that's my understanding, but I'm not a lawyer.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 7:06:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

But what does the lease say?  If you're leasing the entire property, and there's no clause about hunting rights, he can't lease hunting rights to someone else, and he can't stop you from hunting it, either.  At least, that's my understanding, but I'm not a lawyer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
WHAT THE FUCK?

Did you ask to hunt with firearm or bow? Maybe he only wants bowhunters for safety
reasons on his property
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 5:05:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Doesnt the game commission have a hunter finder program online?  Look at the dgif website.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 12:07:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
WHAT THE FUCK?

Finally caught up with the landlord. He said that he never considered letting me hunt the land because he thought I was "just a gun guy" and he only wants to let bow hunters hunt. He, for whatever reason, just doesn't want any shooting on his land at all. His land, his rules I guess. I told him about the guy's stand being really close to the house and he didn't really have an answer for that and didn't seem to care. The guy took the stand down already so I assume he is gone or just moving it. Im still not happy though.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 10:33:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Armchair lawyering here (from an actual lawyer, but still):

A lease is a property right, it entails the lessee to all of the enjoyment of the property subject to the lease. Thus, unless your lease says something specific about it, you're entitled to use the property to its full use and enjoyment as the landowner himself would, obviously subject to any local, state and federal restrictions or regulations.

basically, if it ain't in the lease, he can't stop you and it wouldn't constitute breach...
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 12:16:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

A lease is a property right, it entails the lessee to all of the enjoyment of the property subject to the lease. Thus, unless your lease says something specific about it, you're entitled to use the property to its full use and enjoyment as the landowner himself would, obviously subject to any local, state and federal restrictions or regulations.

basically, if it ain't in the lease, he can't stop you and it wouldn't constitute breach...
View Quote

He was pretty specific about certain things in the lease but in regard to the land or the use of it, I don't think its mentioned at all.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 1:45:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

He was pretty specific about certain things in the lease but in regard to the land or the use of it, I don't think its mentioned at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then you own the right to hunt the land, not him.  He would have had to exclude that in the lease.  HE doesn't have the right to lease the property out to someone else...he already did that.  He's double dipping, to your detriment.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 2:07:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Then you own the right to hunt the land, not him.  He would have had to exclude that in the lease.  HE doesn't have the right to lease the property out to someone else...he already did that.  He's double dipping, to your detriment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A landlord should know better than to leave gray areas, but I caution your approach too.  The landlord in this case acted inappropriately (not necessarily illegally), but tenants should never assume land rights of any type extend beyond the scope of living applications of the HOME rental lease.  FWIW, I allow my tenants hunting but it's understood this is a granted privilege.

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 2:12:17 PM EDT
[#22]
neat concept OP.  

Quoted:
Doesnt the game commission have a hunter finder program online?  Look at the dgif website.
View Quote

A buddy sent me this VGIF Hunter finder link:

HunterFinder

Welcome to the Department of Game and Inland Fisheries Hunter and Landowner Finding system.

Virginia’s Hunter Finder (H-Finder) application is the Department of Game and Inland Fisheries’ initiative to help connect landowners with qualified and experienced hunters. Our goal is to provide an easy to use tool for landowners to identify and initiate communication with hunters that are looking for a place to hunt. The H-Finder application currently connects deer hunters with landowners looking for assistance with managing deer on their property. We may look to expand this application to other hunting opportunities in the future.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 3:11:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

A landlord should know better than to leave gray areas, but I caution your approach too.  The landlord in this case acted inappropriately (not necessarily illegally), but tenants should never assume land rights of any type extend beyond the scope of living applications of the HOME rental lease.  FWIW, I allow my tenants hunting but it's understood this is a granted privilege.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most of my experience and understanding is based on living in another state...so caution is absolutely in order.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:21:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Caution is always in order, but actually it's not just inappropriate what the owner did, it IS illegal and breach of contract DEPENDING on what the lease sets out.

If you rent a single-family home, can the owner of it just come in whenever they want? The short answer is no.

When you rent a property, as in a lease for 15 acres and a home, you have a leasehold interest. You are entitled to full enjoyment of the property, you are for all intents the owner for the duration of your lease. That's basic property law.

So, yes, caution is always in order, because you don't want to anger your landlord unnecessarily, but assuming I'm right that he hasn't restricted the use of the property through the lease and leased the entirety of the property, it would be breach of contract for him to restrict the property in this way arbitrarily after the terms of the lease have been agreed to.

What is the remedy for his breach? Not a whole lot probably, but that's a different story. I suspect the worst case is a pissed-off landlord, since he'd have no remedy to evict you...

(Again, armchair analysis not having seen the lease...)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top