Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2016 1:46:22 PM EDT
VA HTF !

These past few weekends have been pretty busy for FPF Training.  In addition to hosting Mas Ayoob (4-5 Feb) and Greg Ellifritz (11-12 Feb) I've been busy getting my range squared away for the coming season with regrading the road and rebuilding the berm.  

Classes!

I start my range instruction this year off on 4 March with "Concealed Carry: Foundation Skills".  The purpose of this course is to take basically trained pistol shooters and put them on the path toward being effective armed citizens.  I'm changing the format up this year, providing an even more extensive read ahead and adding "Stop the Bleeding" at the end of the day.  Details and registrationHERE!.  (This class generally runs the first weekend of every month, except July 'cuz 'Murica!)

On the 5th of March I'm presenting "Concealed Carry:  Street Encounter Skills"  This course is designed for more accomplished shooters looking for perspective on concealed carry.  The main goal of this course isn't to shave .7 seconds off of your draw stroke, rather it is to give you a firm idea of what events look like three seconds BEFORE they happen in order to increase your options.  (GTFO being, of course, the most desirable.)    

The Armed Parent
Many concealed carry practitioners have children.  This brings about the requirement for different tactics and expanded skillsets covered on 11-12 March with Melody Lauer and John Johnston in "Contextual Handgun: The Armed Parent/Guardian".  The course covers in details the hard/soft skills necessary to solve the commonly observed shooting problems associated with fighting with our children present.  Cost is $450.  Further details and description here.  https://www.fpftraining.com/products/armed-parent-course

Shotgun!
Rounding out the spring course selection on 26 March will be a pumpaction shotgun course presented by Ben DeWalt of Onsite Firearms Training.  Cost for the course is $200.  This one is filling up fast!  Details and Registration here: Defensive Shotgun Course Five seats left!

The full calendar is available  HERE!

As always I appreciate the support, especially members that send their family to me.  

Thanks!

John Murphy

VA HTF!

Listed below are the courses I'm presenting/hosting from January to March.  

The Headgame

28-29 January I'm working with Dr. William Aprill at Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas.  Dr. Aprill will be presenting "Unthinkable", which is an in-depth look at criminal psychology, mindset and victim selection.  I'll be giving my "Concealed Carry:  Skills Beyond the Gun" which covers TTP for daily life while armed, pepper spray, and a bunch of other cool stuff.  Cost is $400.  More details at Elite Shooting Sports

UPDATE!
Registration for this class remains open.  I suspect holiday schedule/bills/priorities because in the past an event like this was booked solid!  So, let me add this incentive: Any student that enrolls in this class will get a certificate to ANY of my courses! (Foundation Skills, Street Encounters, Advanced Tactics, Vehicle Environment, Minuteman Rifle) Further, this certificate can be used as a gift to someone that you want to get started down the path of self-reliance. This is essentially a "three classes for the price of two" deal.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!  Dr. Aprill has agreed to provide students copies of his "Unthinkable" DVDs!  "The Five W's of Risk" and "Violent Criminal Actors".

The 2nd Fight...

Colonel Cooper spoke of the "second fight", the one to stay out of jail after using lethal force.  The best in the business, Massad Ayoob, is coming back in February to present MAG-20 "Citizen's Rules of Engagement", 4-5 Feb in Springfield, VA.  Cost is $400.  

"This two-day, 20-hour immersion course in rules of engagement for armed law-abiding private citizens, emphasizing legal issues, tactical issues, and aftermath management. Topics will include interacting with suspects, witnesses, responding police officers…threat recognition and mind-set…management of social and psychological aftermath after having had to use lethal force in defense of self or others…and preparing beforehand for legal repercussions and minimizing exposure to them. Situations in the home, at the place of business, or “on the street” will all be covered. Massad Ayoob's MAG-20 "Citizen's Rules of Engagement" course will be presented at the Springfield, VA Holiday Inn Express 4/5 February, 2017. Ten seats left!

All students will have to submit an independent registration form AND a copy of a valid CCW permit, proof of a recent gun purchase, LE credentials or other proof of a current background investigation.

Prerequisite: none. Email [email protected] with questions."

Register here:  https://www.fpftraining.com/products/massad-ayoobs-mag-20-citizens-rules-of-engagement

Consequences and Situations...

11-12 February will be Greg Ellifritz of Active Response Training at Elite Shooting Sports for two unique and highly relevant classes.

First up is "Tactical First Aid and Collapse Medicine" course on the 11th.  Tourniquets, pressure dressings, hemostatic agents and sewing up chicken skin, and much, much more!  Cost is $200.  Further description and registration here:  First Aid Course This class will be conducted at Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas.

On Sunday the 12th, the topic will be ground fighting for the average concealed carry citizen.  This is not going to be the octagon, but with the proliferation of these skills it is a good idea to know how to defeat the mount, escape, and access your pistol in the middle of the fight.  Cost is $200.  Further description and registration here:  Ground fighting! <font color="#ff0000">VENUE CHANGE!  This class will be conducted at DDisciple Martial Arts Academyin Sterling.</font>

The Armed Parent
Many concealed carry practitioners have children.  This brings about the requirement for different tactics and expanded skillsets covered on 11-12 March with Melody Lauer and John Johnston in "Contextual Handgun: The Armed Parent/Guardian".  The course covers in details the hard/soft skills necessary to solve the commonly observed shooting problems associated with fighting with our children present.  Cost is $450.  Further details and description here.  https://www.fpftraining.com/products/armed-parent-course

Shotgun!
Rounding out the spring course selection on 26 March will be a pumpaction shotgun course presented by Ben DeWalt of Onsite Firearms Training.  Cost for the course is $200.  This one is filling up fast!  Details and Registration here: Defensive Shotgun Course Five seats left!

For the Big Picture, I've got my 2017 schedule up!  FPF Training

See you on the range!

John
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 11:26:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 9:59:33 PM EDT
[#2]
John,

Either my wife or I will be there, one had to watch the kiddos....are you hosting Mas again this year?
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 2:06:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup!  Amazing course!
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 11:59:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Amended into a sort of "catch all" post for the start of 2017 and a one month bump!
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 6:03:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm going to try and make it to the Massad Ayoob class in February if I'm not out of the country.  Anyone else going?
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 9:49:25 AM EDT
[#6]
That shotgun class will be great. Ben is an excellent instructor.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 9:50:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Montly bump with details in the OP!
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 7:44:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm going to try and make it to the Massad Ayoob class in February if I'm not out of the country.  Anyone else going?
View Quote
My trip was pushed back, so I'll be there!  Can't wait to finally meet Massad Ayoob in person and finally take one of his classes.  Anyone else from here going?  Looking at eating dinner in the area on Saturday evening with one of the other students.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 9:36:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Dinner may be Sunday night.  We're voting on starting early/leaving early on Sunday for the Superbowl.  

More to follow!
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:59:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Impressive work, man!  These are the courses NoVA needs.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:30:04 PM EDT
[#11]
One month update BUMP!
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 2:11:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll give this thread a bump with fond memories of John hollering at me about something I was doing wrong.  

Great classes, though - I think I have been to three now over the years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top