Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2016 1:08:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:12:23 AM EDT
[#1]
A friend tried to talk me into going again and I passed. He has family there so we always had a place to park/stay. I've been a half-dozen times helping him set-up but it's been a few years since I went.

Well worth the time if someone has never been but be ready for some sharp gun dealing.  

LOL.....The field parking can get very interesting in a hurry if there is a thunderstorm.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:50:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:44:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well, at least we won't have to compete with you for any mil-surp deals, cause that's what we go after

I know how things work down there, and if you see a deal, you better haggle and get the damn thing, cause it will be gone later.  Last time I was there i missed a brand new 10/22 for like $100.  I did pick up like 4 WWII German ammo pouches for like $10, and I bought a bunch of colt 20rnd M16 mags.  You just gotta haggle and deal.

I usually try to get parking in that strip mall where CVS is if I get there early enough, no worry about rain then.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A friend tried to talk me into going again and I passed. He has family there so we always had a place to park/stay. I've been a half-dozen times helping him set-up but it's been a few years since I went.

Well worth the time if someone has never been but be ready for some sharp gun dealing.  

LOL.....The field parking can get very interesting in a hurry if there is a thunderstorm.

Well, at least we won't have to compete with you for any mil-surp deals, cause that's what we go after

I know how things work down there, and if you see a deal, you better haggle and get the damn thing, cause it will be gone later.  Last time I was there i missed a brand new 10/22 for like $100.  I did pick up like 4 WWII German ammo pouches for like $10, and I bought a bunch of colt 20rnd M16 mags.  You just gotta haggle and deal.

I usually try to get parking in that strip mall where CVS is if I get there early enough, no worry about rain then.

LOL....So do 8700 other peeps.

That's why I always went to help my friend set-up before it got going and started setting-up on Thursday evening weather permitting......Early bird gets worm.

BTW....It's about like the RT 11 Crawl, you should  be there Thursday evening...Weather permitting.

Please post what you find.

I did OK at the pawn shop yesterday. I got a DAK tropical canvass belt and a 1928 dated Weimer buckle and tab.

Sort of a odd combo.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:52:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I will be camping with the family nearby so I'm hoping to experience it for the first time.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:11:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I will be camping with the family nearby so I'm hoping to experience it for the first time.
View Quote

Just out of curiosity would you be camping at Lakeridge?
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:21:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  With the wife and kids.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:08:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Ya I will probably go for a little bit....
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 8:56:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My mom and her fiance bought a deeded lot at the beginning of the year up there. We have been going up there quite a bit on the weekends.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 11:08:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

My mom and her fiance bought a deeded lot at the beginning of the year up there. We have been going up there quite a bit on the weekends.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've camped there since I was a little kid.  The wife and I finally bought a travel trailer this year but have only been able to use it a few times so we thought we would get at least one more in before the kids sports start back.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 8:16:25 AM EDT
[#10]
I had to go pick a prescription for my wife at the CVS in Hillsville Wednesday and noped my way back out of there just as quick as I could.  I've only been once in the past 5 years.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 1:06:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 9:49:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Yea, I went but wasn't looking for anything in particular. Been needing some Titegroup so I found 3 different vendors with some. All of em wanted $30 a lb., I said "nope" and kept going.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 8:47:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top