Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2016 4:53:39 PM EDT
Im just starting reloading again after a 30 year hiatus.  It would be nice it there were a few precision re-loaders in the area to get advice from.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:43:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not an expert by any means, but I make some decent ammo. IM me if you want. I'm in Smithfield. Franky, spend some time in the reloading forum. You'll quickly learn all you need.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:21:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I am in VAB,  been rolling my own for 30+ years.   I might be able to help answer some questions.

What are you loading?  

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:58:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I am in VAB,  been rolling my own for 30+ years.   I might be able to help answer some questions.

What are you loading?  

View Quote

284 Shehane tightneck.

Need to get up to speed necking up 6.5x284 Lapua brass or get some of the new Norma 284 brass already necked 284. Gonna need to turn the necks before loading and fireforming the brass.

After I get some fireformed brass, I will send it to Warner Tool to have a custom die made.

Also need someone with an annealer to anneal the necks after the fireforming or maybe a few reloads later depending on the brass. I don't want to buy an annealer yet unless I have to. Im already seeing maybe $5K of reloading equipment unless I cut corners.  

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:08:03 AM EDT
[#4]
If you are handy, here is an annealer for 75 bucks.  You just need to build it.

http://68forums.com/forums/showthread.php?54267-75-DIY-Automatic-Case-Annealer-Project-Complete!-Plans-and-parts-list-included!

As far as the custom dies etc, I am of no help.  

Top Top