Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2016 10:42:31 AM EDT
That he has restored voting rights to 13000 felons. I find it hard to believe that it's not illegal for him to do that.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:50:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
That he has restored voting rights to 13000 felons. I find it hard to believe that it's not illegal for him to do that.
View Quote

I find it hard to believe all the illegal things government officials do every day and get away with, yet us regular lowly civies do anything wrong and its instant slammer time
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 3:31:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Apparently he signed individual Executive Orders for each felon.  

*Willing to bet he used an autopen.*
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 5:13:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Soapbox, check.

Ballot box......... Not looking good.......

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 11:46:26 PM EDT
[#4]
He is truly a disgrace to the state. I personally can't wait to vote his ass out.

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 4:33:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He is truly a disgrace to the state. I personally can't wait to vote his ass out.

View Quote

Thanks to term limits, he can't run for gov in '17. A more pressing worry is if Hildabeast wins and he gets the hankering to give himself Timmay's Senate seat.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 6:12:13 PM EDT
[#6]
So he's told the GA and the VASC they can get fucked and he'll do what he wants, huh?  

And he isn't being impeached, why?
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:26:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Did he specifically only give them voting rights or did he waive the felony charges or what?

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:38:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks to term limits, he can't run for gov in '17. A more pressing worry is if Hildabeast wins and he gets the hankering to give himself Timmay's Senate seat.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He will, I would damn near lay money on it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:37:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Did he specifically only give them voting rights or did he waive the felony charges or what?

View Quote

Specifically restored voting rights.   Only voting rights... not gun rights too.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:42:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Why don't the Republicans draft a bill to restore gun rights to all who received a letter from McAwful?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:00:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Specifically restored voting rights.   Only voting rights... not gun rights too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahh...so typical liberal hypocritical bullshit...

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:17:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once they have voting rights back they can then apply for gun rights.

The evidence of restored voting rights has been noted by the courts.

Some of the previous overturned folks had already had gun rights restored and may now own guns.

With the voting rights ruling by the Virginia Supreme Court removing their voting rights no one knows if the restored gun rights are valid or not.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:20:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

More alarmingly it includes the right to sit on a Jury.  Juries in VA need to be unanimous.  

There is a death penalty case (State Trooper shot dead) in Dinwiddie County where the defense has argued that the Jury must include the newly enfranchised in order to truly be a "jury of peers."

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 4:50:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So he's told the GA and the VASC they can get fucked and he'll do what he wants, huh?  

And he isn't being impeached, why?
View Quote

This. We're living in bizarro world.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:06:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Gents,

You have to look at this in the whole context of what is going on around the country. Before today, I was under the impression that
around the US, if you were a felon, you could not vote.

After some brief research, I surprisingly found that this is not the case; not by a long shot.

Pretty much every state allows felons to vote after they either have served a complete sentence, or,
are simply out of prison (parole, commuted sentence, etc).

Shockingly, Maine allows persons still IN prison to vote (via absentee ballot).

Texas, Georgia, Alabama (states that one would consider 'Hard Core' on crime) all allow former felons to vote.

Kentucky has the most difficult circumstance to regain suffrage: They require an individual petition to the
Governor to regain their voting rights.

So, (In my opinion), Virginia is just the "Johnny come lately" in the case of restoring voting rights for felons.

I could not care either way.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:32:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Gents,

You have to look at this in the whole context of what is going on around the country. Before today, I was under the impression that

After some brief research, I surprisingly found that this is not the case; not by a long shot.

Pretty much every state allows felons to vote after they either have served a complete sentence, or,

Texas, Georgia, Alabama (states that one would consider 'Hard Core' on crime) all allow former felons to vote.

Kentucky has the most difficult circumstance to regain suffrage: They require an individual petition to the

So, (In my opinion), Virginia is just the "Johnny come lately" in the case of restoring voting rights for felons.

View Quote

A lot of states ban things, like magazines that hold over 10 rounds, too.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:49:29 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Gents,

View Quote
All these felons in VA could have petitioned to receive their voting rights back.  I would like to know how many asked and were denied.  I assume none but would like to know more.

The issue for me isn't really w/ felons voting.  The issue is the executive bypassing the elected legislature on the type of issue that should be debated and made law-or not made law by the legislature.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:52:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

All these felons in VA could have petitioned to receive their voting rights back.  I would like to know how many asked and were denied.  I assume none but would like to know more.  

The issue for me isn't really w/ felons voting.  The issue is the executive bypassing the elected legislature on the type of issue that should be debated and made law-or not made law by the legislature.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Gents,

Me too.  We see more and more of this at all levels.  Look at the transgender bathroom issue.  The Communist/ Democrat party are ramming these changes down the throats of the American electorate in the most undemocratic ways possible.  I think they're doing this as a test to see just how much resistance they'll get from the public or opposition party.  If they get little to no resistance, they'll move on to more mainstream issues and continue to change our society through authoritarian fiat.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:04:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Governor Dipstick was on the radio yesterday saying that "Its not like I'm restoring their gun rights...."

If they are reformed enough to have the right to vote, the right to hold elected office, to be licensed by the Commonwealth, etc., why not restore their gun rights, too?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:12:55 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Gents,

The Governor had restored 18,000 felons voting and jury rights, far more than any other governor.  But it wasn't fast enough for Hillary.

Everyone suggesting impeachment ought to work a little harder next time there is a State Senate election.  Right now there are not enough votes to do so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top