Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2016 9:08:42 PM EDT
I am looking to show my gratitude to a cousin of mine, who happens to live in Lynchburg. The nicer the better. I have tried googling, but haven't had any luck besides chain restaurants.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:13:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure if any of these sell on line, but maybe try googling Depot Grill (might have an "e" on the end), Shoemaker's, Robin Alexander, Main Street Eatery, Jimmy's on the James... Those are all pretty good. I'm sure there are many more.

Waterstone Pizza (nice but more laid back) is good, and Liberty Station in Bedford, too.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:54:27 PM EDT
[#2]
^^^^What he said. If your cousin is near Bedford, Liberty Station is a must.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 10:30:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Checkout New London Steak House or Crown Sterling.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:46:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Checkout New London Steak House or Crown Sterling.
View Quote

I thought about New London later on, that place is good, too. Didn't they change the name of Crown Sterling to "The Crown" or something like that?

I'm a big fan of Perky's down near Altavista. If you guys haven't been there, it's worth going to. Make reservations, though. It's a smaller place and fills up quick.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:11:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Not sure if they do anything online, but the Crown or Crown Sterling, has gotten better since its change of ownership a few years ago.
My wife loves New London Steakhouse, but honestly, steak wise, the only thing worth getting is the Filet Mignon.

I've been to RA once, it was nice but kinda expensive for what it was.

Waterstone and Rivermont pizza are nice. Rivermont pizza has a little sign out front that says no guns, and it is filled with Lynchburg "hipsters" so I try to avoid it.

My inlaws like Benjamin's in Forest, I have never eaten there.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 12:22:21 PM EDT
[#6]
If all else fails, get him a Visa gift card and print out a menu.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 3:50:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I live in Lynchburg, and the Crown is apparently really nice
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 5:59:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the help, everyone. I ended up going with the RA Bistro, since they were already set up to mail out a gift card.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top