Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2016 12:47:36 PM EDT
From his appearance on Meet the Press:

Sen. Tim Kaine Advocates 'Limitations on the Size of Magazines and Ammunition Clips'

By Susan Jones | June 27, 2016 | 8:20 AM EDT

Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.) is said to be near the top of Hillary Clinton's vice presidential list. (AP File Photo)

(CNSNews.com) - Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.) says he previously has voted for an "assault weapons" ban, but he thinks a better way to "go at the problem" is to pass "limitations on the size of magazines and ammunition clips."

"Are you in favor of an assault-weapons ban?" NBC's Chuck Todd, host of "Meet the Press," asked Kaine in an interview taped on Friday.

"I have voted for it, and I would likely vote for it again," Kaine responded. "But here's a practical problem I think you're aware of.

"As soon as you define what an assault weapon is -- you can't sell a weapon and here's how we describe it -- gun manufacturers just make one adjustment or two and they say see, this isn't subject to the limitation, whereas if you say you can't sell an ammunition clip or a magazine that would have more than 10 or 12 rounds...I really think that's probably the way to tackle the problem more effectively."

Clinton is a strong gun-control advocate. Among other things, she supports a ban on "military style weapons," and she says gun makers "must be held accountable for violence perpetrated with their guns."

Kaine is said to be a leading contender to serve as Hillary Clinton's running mate.

"Are you qualified to be commander-in-chief?" Todd asked him.

"You know what, nobody should say they're ready for that responsibility because it is so, so huge," Kaine responded.

"You know, Abraham Lincoln wouldn't have said yes to that question. Harry Truman wouldn't have said yes to that question. Those are my two favorite presidents.

"I am doing my best to be a good senator."

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/sen-tim-kaine-advocates-limitations-size-magazines-and-ammunition-clips
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 1:14:40 PM EDT
[#1]
What a little meme he is
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 2:20:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What a little meme he is
View Quote

At least he tacitly agreed he isn't fit for command, so he's got that going for him, which is nice.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 2:31:49 PM EDT
[#3]
The only size limits I want to see are limits on the size of government.

Oh, let's limit those terms, too. "clip" that career.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:36:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Control, not safety.

That's all I hear when these people talk.

"We want to control the American people by removing your ability to shoot back at us, a little at a time, until only the elites have guns and you peasants do not, as it should be"
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:15:46 PM EDT
[#5]
30 rounds or 1 round, doesn't matter when all the fish are lined up in a barrel with no means of escape or the means to fight back.

Edit: I'll just leave this here:

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:46:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
30 rounds or 1 round, doesn't matter when all the fish are lined up in a barrel with no means of escape or the means to fight back.

Edit: I'll just leave this here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sEYGcXSmpQ
View Quote

Lived near there and ate there often. I remember that all too well.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 2:42:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Isn't the FBI looking into some of his activities?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top