Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2016 7:52:45 AM EDT
Anyone know of anyone who puts on AR or Glock armorer classes around the Fredericksburg/NOVA/Richmond area?  I  want to take some of these to expand my knowledge
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 1:42:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Trying to set some up for later in the year. Glock, Sig, and any others I can get. I will post when I know.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 2:20:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Trying to set some up for later in the year. Glock, Sig, and any others I can get. I will post when I know.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 2:25:41 PM EDT
[#3]
You can find the schedules for SIG's classes on their website. They have had classes several times at the LE center in Fburg. The course listing will tell you if the class is open to the public or restricted to LEO.

There's a classic line pistol class in Richmond in October, it's currently listed as "Armed Professional Only". Mine just expired.
https://www.sigsaueracademy.com/course/armorer-certification
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:42:32 PM EDT
[#4]
LaRue is hosting an AR class in Fredericksburg in August and December.  It's not cheap, but I signed up for the summer course to better my knowledge.

LaRue Armorer's Course
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:54:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I've taken the Glock Armorer's class twice. Very informative and you'll learn a lot. With that said, don't plan to make any money off of it. People don't understand / don't care that repairs are supposed to be done by an armorer. They watch a you tube video at home and do stupid shit like grinding down stuff you shouldn't be messing with.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:16:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
LaRue is hosting an AR class in Fredericksburg in August and December.  It's not cheap, but I signed up for the summer course to better my knowledge.

LaRue Armorer's Course
View Quote

Yeah I'm looking for just a generic AR class not something that specializes in a brand that's slightly different.  This is for my own weapons so that's why it needs to be an AR based system. Thanks though
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:17:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've taken the Glock Armorer's class twice. Very informative and you'll learn a lot. With that said, don't plan to make any money off of it. People don't understand / don't care that repairs are supposed to be done by an armorer. They watch a you tube video at home and do stupid shit like grinding down stuff you shouldn't be messing with.
View Quote

I'm not going to make money off of it.  This is just so I can take care of my own Glocks that are in the stable
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 12:14:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah I'm looking for just a generic AR class not something that specializes in a brand that's slightly different.  This is for my own weapons so that's why it needs to be an AR based system. Thanks though
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LaRue Armorer's Course

I'd highly recommend Sully's class. Great teacher and an Arfcom Industry Partner. It's also a five year cert as opposed to the standard three.
I don't see anything on the current calendar in the area, but this is one I'd actually travel for. Took it in Culpeper a while back. And as I recall, he said he'd be willing to set up an off schedule class if a location and a minimum number of students could be supplied.
http://www.thedefensiveedge.com/
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'd highly recommend Sully's class. Great teacher and an Arfcom Industry Partner. It's also a five year cert as opposed to the standard three.
I don't see anything on the current calendar in the area, but this is one I'd actually travel for. Took it in Culpeper a while back. And as I recall, he said he'd be willing to set up an off schedule class if a location and a minimum number of students could be supplied.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LaRue Armorer's Course

Not looking for a cert, just for my own education.  I'm not a gun shop owner, future gunsmith or any of the sort.  Looking to be able to take care of my own guns a whole lot more.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 10:25:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 10:57:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

We would be happy to do another course armorer course in Virginia.  All we need to do is find a location, then coordinate a date.  We have done several "Open Enrollment" courses in Culpeper VA, and also at Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantilly VA.  

CY6
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
SLR15 Rifles
TheDefensiveEdge.com
(763) 712-0123
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We would be happy to do another course armorer course in Virginia.  All we need to do is find a location, then coordinate a date.  We have done several "Open Enrollment" courses in Culpeper VA, and also at Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantilly VA.  

CY6
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
SLR15 Rifles
TheDefensiveEdge.com
(763) 712-0123

You can rent classrooms at ESS very inexpensively.

https://eliteshootingsports.com/t-services.aspx
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 12:24:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CY6
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
SLR15 Rifles
TheDefensiveEdge.com
(763) 712-0123

Sully, seriously look into this. I went shooting at ESS for the first time a few weeks ago and the facility is great. It is high tech and large with a very friendly staff. Also, it is in between the Fredericksburg and NoVa crowds so you will easily draw from both.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:56:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Sully,

Give me a call, I am now at Specdive Tactical and we have a class room with an overhead projector. We can host ASAP.

Jim Carollo
  703.941.4867-shop
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 4:08:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sully,

Give me a call, I am now at Specdive Tactical and we have a class room with an overhead projector. We can host ASAP.

Jim Carollo
  703.941.4867-shop
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 1:19:23 PM EDT
[#15]
In contact with Sully, watch the boards for an announcement on when we will be hosting hopefully one of many of his training courses.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 1:30:25 PM EDT
[#16]
working on Sig and Glock also
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 1:59:15 PM EDT
[#17]
In for Sullys AR course.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 4:01:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Glock won"t be for awhile. They are booked up till 2018. Sig will be all lines except MCX/MPX. So Classic/Legion Pistols, 1911, M400/M16, 320, 516. Trying to finalize dates for these. Probably mid Nov. One full week of armoring. Once we set a date, you will have to go to the Sig Academy site to reg. These will be open to all as far as I know.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 4:05:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Glock won"t be for awhile. They are booked up till 2018. Sig will be all lines except MCX/MPX. So Classic/Legion Pistols, 1911, M400/M16, 320, 516. Trying to finalize dates for these. Probably mid Nov. One full week of armoring. Once we set a date, you will have to go to the Sig Academy site to reg. These will be open to all as far as I know.
View Quote

Dear lord!  What, are they busy making .22lr for the upcoming panic or something?  Man, that's brutal.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 5:57:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Glocks are incredibly easy to work on.  Why do I need an armorer, or for that matter even a class?  Not everything in this industry is something you have to make a $ on.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 6:11:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

CY6
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
SLR15 Rifles
TheDefensiveEdge.com
(763) 712-0123
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CY6
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
SLR15 Rifles
TheDefensiveEdge.com
(763) 712-0123

We are always happy to host Sully!
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Sig Sauer Armorers courses will be at Specdive Tactical November 14-18. Goto Sig Academy website and they will have all of the info there. Courses will be... 1911, 320, M400/M16, Classic/Legion, and 516. MCX/MPX will be later on due to shortage of training/armorers guns.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:35:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:46:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
In case anyone missed it, we will be doing an AR15 / M16 Armorer Course at SpecDive Tactical on September 10-11 (Sat-Sun).

CY6
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
SLR15 Rifles
TheDefensiveEdge.com
(763) 712-0123
View Quote

Class conflict...AGAIN!  DAMMIT!  
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:46:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In case anyone missed it, we will be doing an AR15 / M16 Armorer Course at SpecDive Tactical on September 10-11 (Sat-Sun).

CY6
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
SLR15 Rifles
TheDefensiveEdge.com
(763) 712-0123

Can you make this one.....here
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top