Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2016 12:54:56 PM EDT
So driving through Walters yesterday on 258 heading from the ever so lovely town of Franklin to Windsor I saw a sign in someones lawn that read "No Shooting Range"

Naturally the first thing that came to mind was, "where will it be and why was I not informed?"

But joking aside, I can't find anything about it. Maybe one of my IOW neighbors can enlighten me on to what I may or may not have missed through the grapevine. I know a few spots in walters...or IOW for that mater that will be good spots, just gotta keep the "I dont like guns" chanters away from it lol
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:11:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:13:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Soooooo, I know label the whole of walters area as a bunch of wusses. I've interacted with the guys at K9 before, they used to train their dogs in some of the warehouses where my father works, bunch of nice guys really.

But one comment made by a resident stands out to me, "Peace and quiet". They have tractor trailers that go through there 24/7 with the engine brake on, kids with pickups that have exhaust mods, and farm equipment....I bet they move away from walters during hunting season due to all the dog barking, deer running, and gun shots coming from across the woods, I mean some of their claims I could see as reasonable......the one about his property value is going to go down made me laugh a little inside.

But hey, thats okay, who's to say someone can't just go into their backyard or back 40 on their farm (know two farmers in walters and hunt one of their lands heavily) with a few friends and just have a good ole shoot? They would be shit out of luck.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 5:46:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Of course. These fuckin small towns don't want anything new.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 8:50:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Of course. These fuckin small towns don't want anything new.
View Quote

Walters is more of a fart in the breeze then a town
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 3:28:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 10:17:48 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

I thought they had a private setup going for some time now, even law enforcement was getting heavily involved in training out there with them, including firearms.

Walters must be full of Hillary supporters
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 1:52:36 PM EDT
[#7]
We are never going to get anything in this damn county. It's unbelievable. The most rural county in/near Hampton Roads, and if you don't own a big chunk of land, you've got no where to shoot. I drive 35min to LGC. I would kill for something, even an indoor pistol range nearby.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 2:30:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
We are never going to get anything in this damn county. It's unbelievable. The most rural county in/near Hampton Roads, and if you don't own a big chunk of land, you've got no where to shoot. I drive 35min to LGC. I would kill for something, even an indoor pistol range nearby.
View Quote

Have you tried the 4h center range in wakefield? I have never been there so I can't say how it is, Just a suggestion. Get done shooting then go fishing on the lake.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 3:05:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Have you tried the 4h center range in wakefield? I have never been there so I can't say how it is, Just a suggestion. Get done shooting then go fishing on the lake.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've shot at Airfield, it's a nice enough range but small.  With the cost increase at LGC I'm considering it, but I really like the indoor range at LGC and the pistol range at Airfield isn't great.

A few years back there was someone who was posting on ARF who was looking into building a range in IOW, but that came to nothing as no one in the county wants to deal with the noise from a range.

Link Posted: 6/3/2016 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
Even with lots of land it's tough to shoot here.   As soon as someone hears the shots they file a noise complaint with the Sheriff and start complaining about "bullets whizzing over their heads".   Doesn't matter if you have built a berm and taken every precaution, chances are you're going to get shut down.   IOW may be rural but it sure isn't country, if you catch my meaning.

Link Posted: 6/3/2016 8:17:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Even with lots of land it's tough to shoot here.   As soon as someone hears the shots they file a noise complaint with the Sheriff and start complaining about "bullets whizzing over their heads".   Doesn't matter if you have built a berm and taken every precaution, chances are you're going to get shut down.   IOW may be rural but it sure isn't country, if you catch my meaning.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea its a county filled with a bunch of crybaby slackoffs from the city.

I got a spot on 603 I go and shoot...... never had a issue, got berms set and everything.

But to add onto my last comment, state police are regulars at K9's facility. Interested to see how far this cease and desist bull goes......

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top