Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2015 11:51:58 AM EDT
I haven't had a chance to go down there recently but I know Dennis quit the business and last I knew it was still in operation.  I checked their facebook and website and both are gone.  If true... RIP, they were a good store.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 2:22:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I haven't had a chance to go down there recently but I know Dennis quit the business and last I knew it was still in operation.  I checked their facebook and website and both are gone.  If true... RIP, they were a good store.
View Quote

Yes, It's closed.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 6:33:02 PM EDT
[#2]
holy cow, never realized this, haven't been by the shop in over a year but was thinking about stopping in yesterday... it was a great shop but it really didn't seem like they were moving product that fast
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 11:51:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Every time I stopped in they seemed distracted..
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 3:42:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Ashby is closed but the shop will open back up under a new name and new management sometime in January hopefully.
Hang in there guys as the plan is to keep the same type of selection while expanding in to other areas such as hunting.
Like always they will keep the class III for the SBR and suppressor needs.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 4:46:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ashby is closed but the shop will open back up under a new name and new management sometime in January hopefully.

Hang in there guys as the plan is to keep the same type of selection while expanding in to other areas such as hunting.

View Quote
In case you guys don't buy it from a lurker with two posts, this is in fact accurate.

Nothing bad happened, if I'm not mistaken everything will be back right as rain (although yes, under a different name) come January-ish. Things change, but I suspect most people aren't going to notice the difference. That's all really good news, but there's been a sign on the door for a while about all this happening. :) Still going to be class 3, probably an expansion into more hunting stuff, but I think they're still gonna be the premier "cool black rifles" dealer in the area.

So when it comes back, I think this will be what you're looking for.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 6:37:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
In case you guys don't buy it from a lurker with two posts, this is in fact accurate.    

Nothing bad happened, if I'm not mistaken everything will be back right as rain (although yes, under a different name) come January-ish. Things change, but I suspect most people aren't going to notice the difference. That's all really good news, but there's been a sign on the door for a while about all this happening. :) Still going to be class 3, probably an expansion into more hunting stuff, but I think they're still gonna be the premier "cool black rifles" dealer in the area.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great to hear. Shane (and Dennis) always treated me well and it's nice to see him re-opening the biz.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 9:13:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm still lobbying for the new name to be "Crazy Shane's House of Gat", I should point out...    
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm still lobbying for the new name to be "Crazy Shane's House of Gat", I should point out...    
View Quote

I would be nice if you was back in the saddle!
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 12:50:08 AM EDT
[#9]
The guys at Ashby Arms were always great and I'm glad to see Shane will keep things going. Shane is a great guy and has lots of knowledge and willing to help you with anything you need. Shane also has a Facebook page. Shane's Firearms Destination LLC Go and check it out and give a like. I was into Ashby Arms the other day and I think Shane said first of the year is when the change over will happen.

I'm just glad a shop that started off great and was actually the best place in town to go will still be around. The staff was always helpful and always willing to answer any and all questions. I see that tradition sticking around.

I have a few retro builds going on and I will be taking them in to Shane around the first of the year to have barrels put on.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 3:04:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No way, these guys are much better businessmen than I ever was.  Most days I prefer being on this side of the counter!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top