Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2015 10:04:19 PM EDT
http://www.gunowners.org

Shame on me for not joining sooner.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 10:28:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 12:04:09 PM EDT
[#2]
To be clear GOA is NOT the one challenging the ban and footing the bill.  That is Heller and his foundation.  The only thing GOA had done is file a friend brief to support Heller.

I think I also recall Nolo, our resident arfcom mg ban fighter, saying GOA was filing a brief in his cases too.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 4:52:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Guys - don't hate me for this, but let me throw this question out.  [Please note before you comment, I've donated GENEROUSLY to Nolo's efforts on this, I am a Life Member of the NRA, and a member of the VCDL (and also donate to their PAC).]

Do you think any member of Congress would sick their neck out to repeal the MG Ban?  Guns have become such a hot button issue, can you NOT imagine the vilification of that politician from the Left?

"Oh no!  Senator Smith wants to repeal the ban!  Imagine all the mass casualties with these sickos who just spray bullets randomly into crowds of people!  There will be blood on the street!"

I think what groups are doing to get Suppressors off the NFA have a much greater chance of being successful.

Again, I'm just thinking out loud here, don't shoot the messenger.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Guys - don't hate me for this, but let me throw this question out.  [Please note before you comment, I've donated GENEROUSLY to Nolo's efforts on this, I am a Life Member of the NRA, and a member of the VCDL (and also donate to their PAC).]

Do you think any member of Congress would sick their neck out to repeal the MG Ban?  Guns have become such a hot button issue, can you NOT imagine the vilification of that politician from the Left?

"Oh no!  Senator Smith wants to repeal the ban!  Imagine all the mass casualties with these sickos who just spray bullets randomly into crowds of people!  There will be blood on the street!"

I think what groups are doing to get Suppressors off the NFA have a much greater chance of being successful.

View Quote

No senator or representative is sticking anything out.  We are using the courts to thrash the NFA.  Like it, Don't like it your choice but it is being done.  It has nothing to do with the legislative process but the using the judiciary to redress the Hughes amendment fiasco.

Not a hit on you but it sounds like you should read the Nolo thread to see what exactly is going on.  Nolo's NFA Case Thread
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

No senator or representative is sticking anything out.  We are using the courts to thrash the NFA.  Like it, Don't like it your choice but it is being done.  It has nothing to do with the legislative process but the using the judiciary to redress the Hughes amendment fiasco.

Not a hit on you but it sounds like you should read the Nolo thread to see what exactly is going on.  Nolo's NFA Case Thread
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like you should read my second sentence.

Courts or no courts, Congress or no Congress, miracle or magic, it has nothing to do with me "liking it or not".  I'm well aware of what he's doing and how.  

I'm actually backing this with cash, not words.  I'm sure he appreciates your verbal support - no hit on you, of course.    I want nothing more of this to work or I wouldn't have spent what I did, because I believe in the idea and in what Stephen is doing.

I'm also aware of the efforts to remove Silencers from the NFA, something which is infinitely easier.  I'm expressing my opinion that this is an uphill battle, and you're fooling yourself if you think otherwise.  

And if it passes, yes, someone in Congress is going to sponsor a bill (a la the AWB) to ban it again, hence the "sticking their neck out" comment for those that oppose it.  Stop getting butthurt over what some random guy on the Internet says and get some fresh air.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 7:44:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 2:03:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
  This has been an ongoing battle for decades. One side has been chipping away all that time. It's really only been since the 90s that we have been taking things back. We've have had the uphill fight the whole time, so now shouldn't be different.
View Quote

True.

ridinshotgun, we're on the same team.  Sorry if I came off as a jerk.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top