Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2015 10:19:47 PM EDT
If you have the need to leave your gun in your vehicle over night....please at least LOCK your  car doors.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:59:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:43:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Did my incident prompt this?  I learned this the bittersweet way not long ago.  Bitter, because I fucked up in this manner...sweet, because they caught one of the guys, with my gun, which got returned to me that night, and now the guy (hopefully) spends a lot longer off the streets.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:16:23 PM EDT
[#3]
That's what my garage is for.....You know, using it for my vehicle instead of a storage unit.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:21:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If you have the need to leave your gun in your vehicle over night....please at least LOCK your  car doors.

View Quote

So what did they steal from you?
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:57:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did my incident prompt this?  I learned this the bittersweet way not long ago.  Bitter, because I fucked up in this manner...sweet, because they caught one of the guys, with my gun, which got returned to me that night, and now the guy (hopefully) spends a lot longer off the streets.
View Quote

At least three handguns have been stolen with in a couple of miles of where I live. At least two were taken from unlocked vehicles. Both of these would have been prevented if the owners simply locked their cars. These are just the ones I heard about and all were with in a day or two of each other. I hear of it happening every once in a while but three seemed to be a lot in such a short period of time.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:50:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing. I either park my car in the garage or I make sure its locked. I never leave anything of real value in the car even when locked if its outside of the garage.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:07:24 AM EDT
[#7]
What area?
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:17:33 AM EDT
[#8]
There's a certain class of thief that seems to go around in the warmer months and simply try car doors until they find one unlocked, at which point they take whatever they can find of value that's easily accessible.  

I had this happen to one of my vehicles when I foolishly forgot to lock the door.  I don't keep firearms in my vehicle overnight, so at least that wasn't an issue.  I have to think these particular thieves were pretty dumb, since they left behind a Jetbeam flashlight and a Leatherman wave, but did take the $10 tactical folding knife I received free with an order from CDNN.  

Clearly, if a thief really wants in they are going to get in, but at least locking your car doors provides one hurdle.  From talking with a Sheriff's Deputy afterwords, the pattern for the thieves who hit my car is fairly standard.  They don't break anything and they don't spend time tearing out stereos, they just rifle through vehicles with unlocked doors.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:23:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
There's a certain class of thief that seems to go around in the warmer months and simply try car doors until they find one unlocked, at which point they take whatever they can find of value that's easily accessible.  

I had this happen to one of my vehicles when I foolishly forgot to lock the door.  I don't keep firearms in my vehicle overnight, so at least that wasn't an issue.  I have to think these particular thieves were pretty dumb, since they left behind a Jetbeam flashlight and a Leatherman wave, but did take the $10 tactical folding knife I received free with an order from CDNN.  

Clearly, if a thief really wants in they are going to get in, but at least locking your car doors provides one hurdle.  From talking with a Sheriff's Deputy afterwords, the pattern for the thieves who hit my car is fairly standard.  They don't break anything and they don't spend time tearing out stereos, they just rifle through vehicles with unlocked doors.
View Quote

They actually work in teams, and yeah, 'tis the season.

The punk they busted in my neighborhood said that in addition to the guy he was with (who escaped a police dog on foot), there were 4 others working the area, 2 on bicycles.  Have a feeling he knew the gun just fucked him and was being fully cooperative to get a reduced sentence.

Since that night, number of cops seen on patrol in my neighborhood?  Zero.  I guess we'll have to keep catching them ourselves.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top