Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2015 6:13:26 PM EDT
I have an Ohio CHL, I know we have agreements with VA and WV, but need additional info - can I put the holstered handgun in the center console or glove box?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 6:36:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have an Ohio CHL, I know we have agreements with VA and WV, but need additional info - can I put the holstered handgun in the center console or glove box?
View Quote

Are you meaning while in Va ? If so, as I understand it, Va now allows a handgun concealed in a vehicle as long as it is enclosed inside something (glovebox,console, not just stuck under the seat), applies to anyone, with or without a permit.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:11:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Are you meaning while in Va ? If so, as I understand it, Va now allows a handgun concealed in a vehicle as long as it is enclosed inside something (glovebox,console, not just stuck under the seat), applies to anyone, with or without a permit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Closed container" is the wording of the law to have a handgun in the passenger compartment.

Glove box, console, etc.

No permit required.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:34:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
"Closed container" is the wording of the law to have a handgun in the passenger compartment.

Glove box, console, etc.

No permit required.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Glove box, console, etc.

No permit required.

thank you - do you know if the closed container applies in WV also?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:46:32 AM EDT
[#4]
If you have an Ohio concealed handgun permit then I don't think you don't need to concern yourself with the container law anyway.  Virginia recognizes your permit so you're covered.  See here: http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_Reciprocity.shtm
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:48:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glove box, console, etc.

No permit required.

You do know West Virginia is a different state from Virginia, right ?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:53:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Glove box, console, etc.

No permit required.

same thing
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Touché'
Lol !!
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:27:42 PM EDT
[#8]
You're Ohio permit is fully honored in West Virginia as well. On your body or in a container or under the seat doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:26:50 PM EDT
[#9]
OP: WHERE in VA will you travel?

Most of the state understands and respects reciprocity.  Liberal northern Virginia tends to be more hostile, although the law is uniform across the Commonwealth.

There is NO duty to inform LEOs who might pull you over; its up to you to decide if you want to do that (I personally opt not to - and in state they KNOW I have a permit before they approach the car).

Enjoy your stay.  The commonwealth is a great state.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:27:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

You're Ohio permit is fully honored in West Virginia as well. On your body or in a container or under the seat doesn't matter.
View Quote
thank you too

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:28:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

OP: WHERE in VA will you travel?

Most of the state understands and respects reciprocity.  Liberal northern Virginia tends to be more hostile, although the law is uniform across the Commonwealth.

There is NO duty to inform LEOs who might pull you over; its up to you to decide if you want to do that (I personally opt not to - and in state they KNOW I have a permit before they approach the car).

Enjoy your stay.  The commonwealth is a great state.
View Quote

richmond - safe zone
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top