Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2015 9:42:16 PM EDT
My cousin has been wanted to take me there for the longest time since it's apparently much cheaper than the usual range I like, 340 Defense. Thing is, I've seen some rather troubling posts around on the Internet about major red flags to safety concerns there. Mainly alcohol, degenerates, and lack of an RSO. I'm just wondering if any of these hold any truth. Anyone been there recently to see how it is? Would really appreciate any heads up you guys could give, thanks!
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 11:28:12 PM EDT
[#1]
they have changed alot at the cove , it's not as bad as it used to be.  definitely check it out if you've never been.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 5:27:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Alright then, I'll try to keep an open mind about it. Anything I should be aware of? Lack of tables/benches/targets, long hike, ect?
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 8:02:29 AM EDT
[#3]
It is absolutely nothing like it used to be.

$15/day
split old range into 2 ranges ,  pistol/rifle
new shooting benches, etc
r so on duty full time

But you will still   need a 4wd  to access the range.

They also have a new website with better pics.. research it
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:45:01 PM EDT
[#4]
$15 now and they have a range nazi? That kills it for me, no thanks.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 10:12:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Ugh the rso kills it. I used to like going out there because it was quiet and uncrowded. Sadly it doesnt sound like that anymore. Ugh.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 10:29:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ugh the rso kills it. I used to like going out there because it was quiet and uncrowded. Sadly it doesnt sound like that anymore. Ugh.
View Quote

when i was up there in october there was like 2 other parties up there, so like a total of 20 of us - i wouldn't' call that crowded at all

rso didnt' care about much of anything besides picking up brass that people were leaving
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 12:12:03 PM EDT
[#7]
They have steel targets up there right?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 1:59:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, 4 big heavy duty steel targets.  I'm guessing 30-36" high and 18" wide...  AP didn't penetrate IIRC.

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 4:11:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
$15 now and they have a range nazi? That kills it for me, no thanks.
View Quote

The RSO from the last couple of times i was there, pretty much just called the range hot or cold... not much involvment
$15/day but if you camped, then it was $10/day... Still Stupid Cheap (Compared to $20/hr most places)
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 8:18:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Do they still allow reasonable amounts of Tannerite?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 8:19:34 PM EDT
[#11]
1 lb or less I was told on Tannerite.

Last nail in the coffin on that place for me was the "RSO" mixing himself drinks while on the job.  Never going back there again.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:56:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Is that pack of wild dogs still roaming the hills?

And do they still have a tubing hill open in the Winter?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:27:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, 4 big heavy duty steel targets.  I'm guessing 30-36" high and 18" wide...  AP didn't penetrate IIRC.

View Quote

Good to hear, I still need to get up there to experience the joy of shooting steel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top