Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2015 7:54:04 PM EDT
Saw on another site that Guns and Ammo in Manassas  closed?  Just passing it on, if you have NFA items, etc, might want to check into it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:01:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Heard that on Monday. Another gun store victim of 93+ million out of work. Sorry to see them go. Seemed like a nice place, only been there once.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 8:23:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice folks, but the prices were pretty awful.  Majority of people from this area favored VA arms
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:24:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice folks, but the prices were pretty awful.  Majority of people from this area favored VA arms
View Quote

+1 on good people. I was always treated nice. Their prices on new guns were high but they usually had a constant roll-over of used/consignment guns that were often real bargains.

I was trying to get a hold of them a couple weeks ago regarding NFA engraving. They never got back to me so maybe they are out of business
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 11:42:18 AM EDT
[#4]
On 28 just west of 234?
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 3:02:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I will take a cruise by there either tonight on the way home from work or tomorrow on my way in and post what I see.

Bill
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 3:33:39 PM EDT
[#6]
See any of my suppressor threads detailing the constant problems I had with them.  I couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 4:44:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I was by there on the way home today, doors were open with people moving out furniture.  Asked what is going on and no one would speak to me.

Guess they are closed for good.

Bill
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 6:49:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Can't say I'll miss them.  I work 5 minutes up the road and I was wondering why there wasn't very many cars out front lately though.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 7:11:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll check on Friday but I'm surprised they lasted this long with vastly superior VA Arms right down the road.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 7:20:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was by there on the way home today, doors were open with people moving out furniture.  Asked what is going on and no one would speak to me.

Guess they are closed for good.

Bill
View Quote

See any guns on the wall or in the display cases?
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 7:24:29 PM EDT
[#11]
A buddy who would know says they are closed.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 8:18:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm not surprised.  I had two experiences with that store, and both them were negative.  

I don't wish ill on any of the owners or employees, but with poor customer service like I experienced I can't see how they could have competed with places like VA Arms or Quantico Tactical, not to mention online dealers.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 8:42:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I have had positive and negative experiences there.  No negative experiences at VA Arms.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 8:55:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have had positive and negative experiences there.  No negative experiences at VA Arms.
View Quote

This here. I suppose the ATF now has the transfers paperwork I did thru them. Wonderful.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 9:06:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This here. I suppose the ATF now has the transfers paperwork I did thru them. Wonderful.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn, still waiting on something?
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:06:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thankfully, no. I'm under the impression that if a store closes, all the 4473s go to the ATF. If this isn't correct, please, someone let me know.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 7:12:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Thankfully, no. I'm under the impression that if a store closes, all the 4473s go to the ATF. If this isn't correct, please, someone let me know.
View Quote

Yes, 4473s go to the ATF when a license is surrendered.  See 18 U.S.C. 923(g)(4) and 27 C.F.R part 478.127.  

NTC Out-of- Business Records Center
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 8:27:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Stopped by again this morning.  The store is empty, the only thing visible inside was a couple vacuums.  Everything is off the walls and all display cabinets are removed.

On the door there was a sign; "Closed call for appointment or info 703-365-9941"

Bill

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 8:35:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Just waiting for folks to pop in that got screwed over.  Hope that isn't the case.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 8:49:11 AM EDT
[#20]
I am a now former employee.  i Can confirm we moved out everything yesterday.  All the pending NFA items will get to their buyers because the owner still holds the license.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 8:51:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I am a now former employee.  i Can confirm we moved out everything yesterday.  All the pending NFA items will get to their buyers because the owner still holds the license.
View Quote

Good luck on the job market, man.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 8:54:51 AM EDT
[#22]
I will surely need it, not a lot of demand for surly gun mongers out there
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:09:18 AM EDT
[#23]
I always had positive experience with them. But I only used them for NFA transfers, because VA Arms do not do them, and some other transfers. I did find their prices on firearms much higher then other local stores. I found the employees friendly enough. I had no complaints other then their prices.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:41:31 PM EDT
[#24]
I am solidly in the camp of "the prices didn't compel me to go back" category. The couple times I was in there, the used/consignment gun deals were VERY good if they had what you wanted or were looking for. The accessory selection struck me as very minimal.

The gun store world is a TOUGH competition these days. A few years ago there were a lot less options (or at least less GOOD options). Now, with NoVa Armament, Virginia Arms, and Quantico Tactical - and then several that have turned around in my opinion (Blue Ridge, Loudoun Guns) - there are a lot of viable options, and many of them recognize the need to differentiate on price and/or service. The ones that don't won't be open long.

-shooter
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:18:06 AM EDT
[#25]
I bought my first handgun from them, a baby desert eagle on consignment. They always had a nice selection of consignment and used stuff I don't think I ever bought a new gun from them though.

Good luck to em in their future ventures. VA arms is just down the street and has more selection and better prices on new guns that's probably what did them in I'd imagine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top