Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2015 10:17:40 PM EDT
My GF lives in Blacksburg. Last night, I parked my truck on the street instead of her driveway. When I fell asleep on the couch, I apparently forgot to lock my truck from when I got out earlier (I know...)

Anyway, I got in it this afternoon to drive back to Roanoke and my center console was open. I never leave it open, so I found that odd. When I got home, I noticed my iPod in the cubby hole in the dash was gone, as well as my tool bag that sits on the back floor board. They didnt take either pair of sunglasses (one on dash, one in the compartment by the rearview mirror. They also didnt take any of the paper work (registration, insurance, etc) from the glovebox.

All in all, about $300 worth of stuff. I am going to call the PD in the morning to notify them, more so for them to keep an eye out locally since I know theres probably nothing that can be done about my stuff. I will give them the serial # off the iPod from the box I have, as well as a description of the tools.

Is there anything else you think I can/should do? Besides lock my truck next time

Im going to be watching Craigslist just in case. Im also tempted to stage and bait the truck again, and brew a pot of coffee and wait with my 226 TacOps and TLR-1, but I know thats not a smart move
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 10:44:55 PM EDT
[#1]
The local meth head thanks you for your support.

Nothing else to do but chalk it up to a $300 lesson.  Luckily, it was not a lesson that you needed to fill out a 4473 for.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:50:46 PM EDT
[#2]
If it was unlocked, it is merely theft. If they just opened the door and grab your stuff, they will not be charged with b & e.

Either easy it sucks and I hope they are caught.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 3:40:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Man that sucks SCS. I work in Blacksburg but live in Floyd. Luckily no problems here but I do lock my truck. Doubt I will ever hear anything on it but will keep an ear open for ya.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 11:01:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Man that sucks SCS. I work in Blacksburg but live in Floyd. Luckily no problems here but I do lock my truck. Doubt I will ever hear anything on it but will keep an ear open for ya.
View Quote

Thanks! Im calling the PD today to at least keep them in the loop in case its something thats ongoing out there
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 11:17:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I live in Blacksburg, and go to VT.  Will keep an eye out on the VT buy/sell sections of FB on the off chance someone posts it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 12:34:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Too bad you cant "Where's My iPod" like you can an iPhone...  report the ip address, ISP and physical location when plug in to synch.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 2:13:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I live in Blacksburg, and go to VT.  Will keep an eye out on the VT buy/sell sections of FB on the off chance someone posts it.
View Quote

Awesome, thanks! Its a new 16gb iPod Nano, space grey, grey rubber cover and black Sony earbuds on it.

Tools are in black/red tool bag, Kobalt tools with black/blue electric tape color coding. Also has a Kobalt socket set, and misc. other hand tools
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 3:11:13 PM EDT
[#8]
You can look up the local pawn shops and let them know what happened and ask them to keep an eye out.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 3:41:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You can look up the local pawn shops and let them know what happened and ask them to keep an eye out.
View Quote

Great idea, thank you
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 5:55:20 PM EDT
[#10]
good luck getting your stuff back.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 12:57:36 PM EDT
[#11]
What neighborhood around Blacksburg was this, if you don't mind? Around student housing complexes or more geared towards townies off in downtown or the boondocks? I'm near Ellett and wondering if it was around here...
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 6:20:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What neighborhood around Blacksburg was this, if you don't mind? Around student housing complexes or more geared towards townies off in downtown or the boondocks? I'm near Ellett and wondering if it was around here...
View Quote

On Broce Dr, closer to the Main St. side. So kind of a mix of students and locals.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 8:47:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

On Broce Dr, closer to the Main St. side. So kind of a mix of students and locals.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shucks, I park over there all the time. Hope you can get your stuff back! What did the police say?
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 9:02:20 PM EDT
[#14]
You never know who's going to walk by in the wee hours of the morning and check doors.  

I did the same with my car a while back.  The thieves took my roll of quarters, a Starbucks gift card with a few $ on it and a super cheap Smith and Wesson folding knife (the one you get free from CDNN).  They left the Leatherman Wave and the Terralux TT-1. I guess I was lucky to encounter a thief who didn't realize what was there for the taking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top