Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2015 11:47:00 AM EDT
Anyone have any connections in NOVA in the IT field? My contract is going bye bye so I'm trying to network and make the move now.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:51:54 PM EDT
[#1]
What are your KSAs?  Education?  Certifications?
I work in Va Beach but my company is out of PAX / Lex Park.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 2:42:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Here are some in Manassas:

https://careers-swift.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchLocation=--Manassas

Or if you want to commute a little farther south to Culpeper:

https://careers-swift.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchLocation=--Culpeper

Send me your resume if interested in any of these.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 3:11:04 AM EDT
[#3]
http://vencore.jobs

We have about 500 open reqs and they started a blitz to fill them all yesterday. Let me know if you see something, I can reco you. May even know the hiring manager depending on the contact...
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 6:41:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Do you have a clearance? If so, there are a ton of IT jobs around. Happy to look within my company for you.

-shooter
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 7:54:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here are some in Manassas:

https://careers-swift.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchLocation=--Manassas

Or if you want to commute a little farther south to Culpeper:

https://careers-swift.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchLocation=--Culpeper

Send me your resume if interested in any of these.
View Quote

Resume inbound.  A couple of those in manassas would fit me nicely.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 7:55:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Do you have a clearance? If so, there are a ton of IT jobs around. Happy to look within my company for you.

-shooter
View Quote

No clearance :( I work for General Dynamics now on one of the only contracts not requiring clearance.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:00:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

We have about 500 open reqs and they started a blitz to fill them all yesterday. Let me know if you see something, I can reco you. May even know the hiring manager depending on the contact...
View Quote

I do Systems Administrator type work (Middleware) currently. Looks like most of those require a clearance?
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 9:37:31 AM EDT
[#8]
having a clearance is irrelevant usually (it only speeds it along), can you get cleared is the real question - interim secrets take no time at all to get.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 2:06:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
having a clearance is irrelevant usually (it only speeds it along), can you get cleared is the real question - interim secrets take no time at all to get.
View Quote

Depends on the contract. I have worked on contracts where we can sponsor folks, and several where we couldn't. The key is to find a contract that can sponsor you as an uncleared hire.

-shooter
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 2:56:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh i can get cleared, just gotta get on a contract where they can fork out the money for it
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 3:16:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Depends on the contract. I have worked on contracts where we can sponsor folks, and several where we couldn't. The key is to find a contract that can sponsor you as an uncleared hire.

-shooter
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-shooter

true, pretty short sighted in the end (again depends on the client) - they'll spend an extra 3 months looking for that cleared person when the uncleared one could be in right away.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 9:03:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

true, pretty short sighted in the end (again depends on the client) - they'll spend an extra 3 months looking for that cleared person when the uncleared one could be in right away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-shooter

Very true.

I have had hard to fill requirements sit empty for multiple months because the client wouldn't wait on the ideal person to get a clearance, so we have a less than ideal person fill it that happened to be cleared.

-shooter
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:42:11 AM EDT
[#13]
PM sent
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 4:48:01 AM EDT
[#14]
There are a ton of IT positions on USAJobs.gov.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 7:01:00 AM EDT
[#15]
If you have a clearance email me your resume

BK
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 12:08:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I do Systems Administrator type work (Middleware) currently. Looks like most of those require a clearance?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you have Linux experience? We're dying for people here. Public Trust position w/ clearance processed while on the job. Gotta be available for 24/7 shift work, however (i.e., your schedule may include Saturdays and Sundays 12AM-8AM).
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 2:36:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Linux, unix, windows, mac..... Pretty well rounded in every OS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top