Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2015 6:34:18 PM EDT
The recent VCDL email got me a bit concerned. The article speaks about using a SIG brace with a shot gun that also has a VFG. The article mentions that the ATF, while not saying it is illegal outright, indicates that using the combination and then shouldering the shotgun is illegal. The interesting bit is that what the ATF suggests is that it's fine to have the combination so long as you don't shoulder it which sounds unusual considering other gun laws don't indicate how you use it whether you use it correctly or incorrectly.

So this got me interested in laws surrounding a VFG in general. I say this because I don't recall seeing a whole lot of VFG for sale at stores and I also remember not reallying seeing a VFG at a range. Not sure if it's rare because people don't buy it or because there is some sort of law surrounding it and requiring a tax stamp. Say you have a grippod or a good old fashion VFG on your ar15 or whatever. According to the federal law, you can have a VFG on a rifle that has a overall length of 26" or more with the butt stock collapsed.

Does Virginia have any laws surrounding using a VFG on a rifle that is at least 26"? Or are you free to use a VFG as you please? I have a AR15 with a 16" barrel and I'll measure it but I'm sure it's 26" or more at the very least.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 7:54:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Vertical fore grips are a no-go for handguns unless they are converted to an AOW or SBR. The SIG braces are for use on handguns. Vertical fore grips are fine for rifles. Virginia has no laws regarding the use of foregrips.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 8:39:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Vertical fore grips are a no-go for handguns unless they are converted to an AOW or SBR. The SIG braces are for use on handguns. Vertical fore grips are fine for rifles. Virginia has no laws regarding the use of foregrips.
View Quote

Thanks. It was a pretty dumb question sorry. But had to be asked.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 8:44:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top