[#1]
No this happens fairly regularly.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:22:05 PM EDT
[#2]
superbowl weekend too,

wondering how dead all 3 will be Sunday afternoon
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:21:47 PM EDT
[#3]
The one in Manassas is not much of a much.

The VGCA show there at the end of March is best one for the older stuff. Lots of FTF sales.

Of course Trader Jerrys is always there. I swear if you said you were going to hold a show in a Johnny Blue TJ would have a trailer parked next to it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:32:38 PM EDT
[#4]
If all these outfits that do gun shows would work it out between themselves they'd probably make more money.  Sometimes, in the Richmond area, we'll have 2 gun shows a week apart.  Then go two months before there is another one.

Some vendors can't go to one show, because there is another one the same weekend 150 or 200 miles away.  If they were a week apart, instead of the same weekend, like this coming weekend, they could go to both shows.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:00:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the Va. Beach show. I have found some great deals there over the years.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:57:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Where's the one in Manassas?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:01:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm gonna hit up the beach show Saturday to sell my Springfield Loaded.  Hopefully there'll be a lotta buyers.

Gonna try to pick up some more .38 so hopefully GA is there too.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:11:28 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm not complaining.
I can go to a gun show on Saturday, and watch the Super Bowl on Sunday. That sounds like a good solid weekend for every guy in the commonwealth.
I'll be at Richmond, trying to sell an Abolt, looking for a BP frame Italian Peacemaker clone, and assisting my MIL in finding a CCW.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:14:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So we have gunshows scheduled for 01/31 and 02/01 in:

VA Beach
Richmond
Manassas

...did they accidentally do this?
View Quote

You better get them while you can.  LOL
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:30:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Manassas show is at the fairgrounds.
Richmond is the best bet of the three.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:07:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Just got back home from the Manassas show. Complete waste of time. (The usual Glocks, and the usual Chinese optics and accessories.) Actually, the Dale City show three weeks ago was a lot better (although that's not saying much).

At least the Nation's Gun Show in Chantilly is coming up in a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:34:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Went to the Va. Beach show this morning. Found a good deal on a well made 2 gun rifle case I wanted. SMALL show! Only one bay in the convention center. But excellent variety of goods for sale. I enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:36:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So we have gunshows scheduled for 01/31 and 02/01 in:

VA Beach
Richmond
Manassas

...did they accidentally do this?

Wat?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:54:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Richmond was packed.  Guess no one had anything to do today.  Lots of reloading stuff there (compared to the last 2 years).  I got 2 more lbs of 1680, 1lb of tac and 5k primers.  Decent show.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:56:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Richmond was packed.  Guess no one had anything to do today.  Lots of reloading stuff there (compared to the last 2 years).  I got 2 more lbs of 1680, 1lb of tac and 5k primers.  Decent show.
View Quote

THIS!! it was really packed ! last time I seen that many people at RIR was during the sandy hook panic ... ...
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:02:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Great show at Richmond. Bro picked up an SVT40 he had been looking for and good amount of reloading supplies.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:45:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

It had been two years or so since I had been to a gun show, and I was very impressed with the Richmond Speedway gun show. It was two large buildings and a lot of variety. The $49.99 forged Anderson receivers sold out quickly from Quantico, but my loss for not waiting in line like everyone else wanting one in the morning. Lots of AR stuff, Magpul galore... Not much ammo variety. Didn't sell my upper (like finding a needle [buyer] in a haystack [crowds]), but I did find a guy willing to trade my large ACH helmet for an XL one. Mine was newer and nicer, but I am pleased with the trade as it now fits my Sordin's underneath.

I still like buying online, and with online sales, I think I get a better bargain online, but it was an enjoyable show...

Not sure when I will go back to one though, with the drive from Charlottesville...

Rmpl
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 6:54:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Virginia Beach was small, I was looking for Quantico as I needed more lowers but obviously they were in Richmond.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:16:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Pistol powder was there. $25-30 lb.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top