Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2015 7:55:52 PM EDT
I have a newly machined .30 rifle barrel and a cone type flash hider that I would like to get some finish on.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:48:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Coastal Gun Works it.in Va. Beach has done some excellent Parkerizing on rifles he made. Contact him to see if he still does it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:46:58 PM EDT
[#2]
OP:  you probebly want to farm this one out.  But for anyone into DIY, parkerizing is really simple to do at home:

http://www.blindhogg.com/parkerizing.html

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Park IS easy to do if you have the equipment. Metal prep is the key. Totally clean bare steel and wash it with brake cleaner. ANY trace of oil including WD40 will screw the finish!

I have a pair of heavy 14 gage SS 40" long pans I could sell if you want to pick them up. They are heavy bastards. I used to do this stuff for my own use. You need a couple of multi burner camp stoves to heat  a large pan.

I used to use them for hot bluing too. One pan to heat chemicals in and one to boil up a rinse cycle.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:28:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I live in Hampton and am interested in the stainless pan you have, how much do you want for them
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 11:29:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I live in Hampton and am interested in the stainless pan you have, how much do you want for them
View Quote

I just IM'd you my contact info!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top