Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2015 1:33:19 PM EDT
I'm going to stop by later this afternoon and have a look.  I will report back.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 5:47:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Just got back from the show. Had a pretty good crowed.  Plenty of ammo but the sellers aren't offering any great discounts.  I saw plenty of SKS's for under $400 and AK's for under $500.  There are AR15's all over the place and the prices look pretty good with some Bushmasters starting in the mid $500 range.  No shortage of AR pistol uppers and Sig SB15 braces as well.  Seemed like most vendors were asking around $130 for the Sig SB15 braces.  I also notice a lot of 80% lowers in the $70 - $90 price range.

Best prices on stripped lowers that I found were...  
- Anderson stripped lower w/ lower parts kit for $120 out the door
- Bushmaster Lower for $59 + Tax and $2.00 for the state check
- Spikes stripped lower in 3 different flavors $102.00 out the door.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 6:50:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Also, the Walmart next door is pretty well stocked on ammo. Mostly 9mm WWB.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 7:59:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Picked up some ammo, haven't been in awhile.

Every time I go, I feel sorry for whoever's booth is next to the idiot with the taser that zaps it all day.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 8:48:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Going tomorrow with some of the neighbors.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 8:50:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I found a decent selection of pistol powder , $23-$30  / lb , not great, but its there, and mostly sold out by the time I left.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 11:48:32 PM EDT
[#6]
There are plenty of guns to be had but one of the bigger dealers mentioned that they are waiting for SHOT before making any volume purchases of specific models.

I found a beautiful condition S&W 5906 for $350 OTD that followed me home.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 1:01:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I will be trekking up to the show tomorrow in the hopes of selling my new in the box SIG556 r ..  I just hope the traffic isn't as bad as the last time I went .. It took 5 hrs. to get from the show to my house in Hanover ...
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 8:13:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Lots of AR's, AK's around the 500 dollar mark, not too many police trade in pistols, looked like there was a fair amount of ammo, one vendor had lots of ammo cans.

I did see some beat up, cosmoline covered SKS's I would have loved to pick one up just because they have been very used, unlike the few I've had in the 90's,

I only make the show by chance, I just happened to be on leave.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 8:48:53 AM EDT
[#9]
About 10-12 vendors had powder including pistol powder.  Someone bought about 50 pounds Bullseye all in one pounders.  I still can't find Winchester 231 so I bought an 8 pound container of CFEPistol.  For 22lr.  Lots of vendors had some available but most were 50 to 55 a 500 round brick.   About 4pm I walked by DK Firearms and he had several cases available of aquila 22lr for 36.95 a brick.   My buddy picked up a case of high velocity.

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 9:37:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Went yesterday afternoon for a few hours.  NIB Gen 4 Glock 19 were going for $535 OTD, but I got a barely used one from inside a grungy hinged glass display case.  Has Trijicon HD sights and 7 magazines for $475.  While I was looking at it, someone knocked over a display stand sending half a dozen rifles with nice wooden stocks crashing down onto the concrete floor.  

It would be easy to overspend there, but I always seem to find good deals.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 9:57:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Went yesterday afternoon for a few hours.  NIB Gen 4 Glock 19 were going for $535 OTD, but I got a barely used one from inside a grungy hinged glass display case.  Has Trijicon HD sights and 7 magazines for $475.  While I was looking at it, someone knocked over a display stand sending half a dozen rifles with nice wooden stocks crashing down onto the concrete floor.  

It would be easy to overspend there, but I always seem to find good deals.
View Quote

I also saw the stand of rifles crash to the floor. The way some of these dealers display guns, I am surprised it doesn't happen more often.

Yep, if you are willing to look, good deals can be had.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 2:11:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I went yesterday afternoon about 2. Parking was almost full. This was the busiest show I have seen in the past 3 or 4 I have been to. I also saw a lot of people buying guns at a good pace. The past few shows seemed like not a lot of buying was going on. Seemed to be more variety of powders available but I really was not shopping for reloading supplies this show as I have not had a chance to use the stuff I picked up the past few shows. Some of the smaller dealers with pistol powder seemed kind of high priced in my opinion. I really was not looking at ammo prices. Did see a lot of 80% stuff being sold. Lots of Glocks with "special" pricing. None of the prices seemed that special but I did not try to ask them down either. Saw some fair prices on different guns but still A LOT of over priced guns. I did not see a lot of AKs below $500. Most were in the $500 to $600 range but I was not looking that close for AKs, saw some basic ones going for in the mid $600s. Lots of basic ARs for fair prices.  

I always go to these shows with a list of stuff I am looking for. If I do not see what's on my list I do not pay to much attention to prices on other stuff, I look but not that hard. This show I was looking for cheap used Glock 19s, did not see any at a fair price. Only saw one or two used ones for sale. Did see one dealer with one but they were asking almost $500 for it. WTF? A new one is only a little bit more. Other items on my list were a 9mm SBR AR barrel, no go. DD rails-found some but not the model I wanted. SIG P227 under $800, nope. Saw some, but they were $850ish to $1000 range. Certain AR upper parts for a couple of builds I am working on. Saw nothing that I could not get from the internet much cheaper even after paying shipping. I did pick up a 9mm RR AR upper receiver for $150. This was $20 less then what the dealer was asking last show and cheaper then I have found anywhere. So I did walk out the door with the upper receiver and a new holster.  

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 3:31:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I went yesterday afternoon about 2. Parking was almost full. This was the busiest show I have seen in the past 3 or 4 I have been to. I also saw a lot of people buying guns at a good pace. The past few shows seemed like not a lot of buying was going on. Seemed to be more variety of powders available but I really was not shopping for reloading supplies this show as I have not had a chance to use the stuff I picked up the past few shows. Some of the smaller dealers with pistol powder seemed kind of high priced in my opinion. I really was not looking at ammo prices. Did see a lot of 80% stuff being sold. Lots of Glocks with "special" pricing. None of the prices seemed that special but I did not try to ask them down either. Saw some fair prices on different guns but still A LOT of over priced guns. I did not see a lot of AKs below $500. Most were in the $500 to $600 range but I was not looking that close for AKs, saw some basic ones going for in the mid $600s. Lots of basic ARs for fair prices.  

I always go to these shows with a list of stuff I am looking for. If I do not see what's on my list I do not pay to much attention to prices on other stuff, I look but not that hard. This show I was looking for cheap used Glock 19s, did not see any at a fair price. Only saw one or two used ones for sale. Did see one dealer with one but they were asking almost $500 for it. WTF? A new one is only a little bit more. Other items on my list were a 9mm SBR AR barrel, no go. DD rails-found some but not the model I wanted. SIG P227 under $800, nope. Saw some, but they were $850ish to $1000 range. Certain AR upper parts for a couple of builds I am working on. Saw nothing that I could not get from the internet much cheaper even after paying shipping. I did pick up a 9mm RR AR upper receiver for $150. This was $20 less then what the dealer was asking last show and cheaper then I have found anywhere. So I did walk out the door with the upper receiver and a new holster.  

View Quote

I do the same, but I usually strike out if I am looking for an accessory that isn't Magpul or some crap made in China.  When I do find what I need, it is usually incredibly overpriced.  Why the hell would I pay a premium to buy from a vendor who is going to disappear like a fart in the wind after the weekend instead of online from a reputable vendor who stands behind what they sell?

Yesterday I walked the entire show looking to see what Aimpoint Micro mounts were available.  After two hours, I found just one - a GG&G that was $185.  This one:  $79 at Primary Arms

Even if I wanted that one (which I didn't), there is no way I would pay that price.  I came home and bought the new DD mount online for $80.

Oh well, it's always fun to walk around and look.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 5:17:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Most stuff is overpriced vs buying online; however there's no shipping, and gives the buyer to negotiate, try it out & learn more about the products first.  I purchased some ammo in small quantities to test, before purchasing bulk online.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 8:48:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Bought a CZ P06 with night sights.

Paid more than I would have online but don't mind supporting the local dealers who have overhead too.

Also got a custom kydex holster made for it while I was there which I was pretty happy about.

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 9:54:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w305/mcgeedigital/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-01/20150103_172239_zps7gn1bhk0.jpg

Paid more than I would have online but don't mind supporting the local dealers who have overhead too.

Also got a custom kydex holster made for it while I was there which I was pretty happy about.

View Quote

Who made your kydex holster, the guys in the back near the ear plug lady?  Cost for the holster, and how long for the wait to make it?

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:17:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I do the same, but I usually strike out if I am looking for an accessory that isn't Magpul or some crap made in China.  When I do find what I need, it is usually incredibly overpriced.  Why the hell would I pay a premium to buy from a vendor who is going to disappear like a fart in the wind after the weekend instead of online from a reputable vendor who stands behind what they sell?

Yesterday I walked the entire show looking to see what Aimpoint Micro mounts were available.  After two hours, I found just one - a GG&G that was $185.  This one:  $79 at Primary Arms

Even if I wanted that one (which I didn't), there is no way I would pay that price.  I came home and bought the new DD mount online for $80.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a list when I go but very often never buy anything from the list unless its powder. The gun show is the worst place to find high end AR parts. I have only seen one dealer with higher end parts.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 12:53:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Who made your kydex holster, the guys in the back near the ear plug lady?  Cost for the holster, and how long for the wait to make it?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w305/mcgeedigital/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-01/20150103_172239_zps7gn1bhk0.jpg

It was the young guys to the right back of the place, not the old guy by the ear plug lady.

Sharktac was their name and they were VERY busy.

Took 1.5 hrs to get mine done because they were backlogged.

Cost was $115 total.

If you are going to go get one done, go AS SOON AS THE DOORS OPEN, and go right to them and get one done.

Probably the best holster I own.

ETA and I forgot, the clips on the holster can be flipped so that it goes from an IWB to an OWB.

Pretty cool.

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:23:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had some holsters made by the guys next to the earplug lady, Bullseye Holsters.  First holster was $40 and all subsequent holsters were $20.  I like their OWB holsters.  My son got one of their IWB holsters, I'm not really a fan of their single hook design, but so far my son likes it.  We ended up getting 5 holsters from them that works out to $24 ea.  Cheaper than a Fobus or Uncle Mikes and feels much stronger.  Took them probably 15-20 minutes to make them while we stood there and BS'd. (they did have 2 already made on the rack)

If you go on their web site the holsters are $49.95  http://bullseyeholsters.com/
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 7:58:02 AM EDT
[#20]
VaFish...

Do you happen to remember the name of the company for the ear plugs and were they the custom type put in with a syringe?  Thanks
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 8:40:26 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

VaFish...

Do you happen to remember the name of the company for the ear plugs and were they the custom type put in with a syringe?  Thanks
View Quote

http://www.earplugsbydebbie.com/

Yes, with the plastic syringe.   The material is available online if you wish to buy and do it yourself.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top