Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2014 10:36:32 PM EDT
I'm heading up to Vienna on Sunday to test ride a bicycle. Should be done around 2 or 3.

Can anyone recommend a place to eat in the area before we head back to Roanoke?  Nothing fancy or expensive...just looking for a place that someone familiar with the area likes.

Thanks!

**Update**

Ate ate the Vienna Inn. Food was good and ya'll are correct...it is a bit of a dive.

Now the bad news: While we were eating, some woman named hit the bike rack on my car as she was driving the wrong way out of the parking lot. She left a note and I talked to her last night...she's going to replace my bike rack

Link Posted: 12/12/2014 10:42:29 PM EDT
[#1]
There's always the Vienna Inn on Rt123 right next to the bike trail.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 10:53:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Good?
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:03:56 PM EDT
[#3]
This
Chilli Dogs are famous
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:08:40 PM EDT
[#4]
The Vienna Inn is only a couple of blocks from the bike shop I'm going to.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:26:16 PM EDT
[#5]
They should of warned you that the Vienna Inn while a "landmark" in Vienna it's also a major dive. If you like Greek you could try Skorpios. Anita's for Mexican. There's also a pie store on the corner of Nutley and 123 if you want to take something sweet home.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:34:36 PM EDT
[#6]
If you have never gone to the Vienna Inn, you need to go.  Yea it isn't fancy, but it is a landmark.  Kind of like Ben's Chili Bowl in DC.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 9:40:27 AM EDT
[#7]
There's also a pie store on the corner of Nutley and 123 if you want to take something sweet home.
View Quote

The "Pie Gourmet" is over priced. You can get better and cheaper pastries at the local Safeway.

You might want to try the 24-hour diner "Amphora" on Maple Avenue.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 9:47:08 AM EDT
[#8]
There's a good pizza place on church street across from "bazin's on church". Best thin crispy crust on a pizza outside of ny.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 11:21:29 AM EDT
[#9]
The Vienna Inn has the best chili-mac I've ever had.

Don't be put off by the décor......or lack thereof.

If you're not into chili-mac (chili over spaghetti, topped with beans, chopped onions, and grated cheese), try a chili dog or two.

Just don't go there at lunchtime on Friday. The place is jammed with people from all the tech firms at Tyson's Corner.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:53:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The "Pie Gourmet" is over priced. You can get better and cheaper pastries at the local Safeway.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
There's also a pie store on the corner of Nutley and 123 if you want to take something sweet home.

They make dinner pies that are fantastic.  

Not far away is this place:  Pure Pasty

They make mini meat pies...and unlike Pie Gourmet, they heat and serve them there, although they only have a couple of tables.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 2:56:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's the place I was going to recommend!
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 4:30:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Any 7-11 there should sell tins of the city's famous namesake sausages.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 11:36:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Vienna Inn, Amphora, or Anita's were my recommendations.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 2:05:05 AM EDT
[#14]
I go to Plaka Grill (greek cafe) for lunch w/ coworkers often.  Its right on 123.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 3:55:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I go to Plaka Grill (greek cafe) for lunch w/ coworkers often.  Its right on 123.
View Quote

+1 for Plaka Grill.  It's a little hole in the wall - between a nail salon and a Papa John's pizza - but it is really good.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 12:25:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Is bike rack usable or do you need something else to get the bikes home?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top