Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2014 1:44:30 PM EDT
I did a search for info on this but it dated back to '10 and procedures change. So what is the entrance procedure at BG? I am an LEO, just don't want to cause a stir at the gate. Thanks guys
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 3:05:24 PM EDT
[#1]
http://seaworldparks.com/en/buschgardens-williamsburg/park-info/know-before-you-go/

Mailing Address:
Busch Gardens Virginia
1 Busch Gardens Blvd.
Williamsburg, Va. 23187
Phone:
(800) 343-7946

Security Procedures
Busch Gardens® has increased security procedures, which may result in slight delays while entering the park. As a part of this process:
All bags, backpacks, and packages are subject to inspection prior to entering the park.
As a reminder, the following items are not permitted to be brought into Busch Gardens for the safety of our animals and our guests: weapons, knives, any other type of sharp objects, straws, large hard or soft coolers, and any hazardous items or materials.
Please leave any unnecessary articles secured within your vehicle to expedite your entry into the park.
Busch Gardens is not responsible for fire, theft, damage or loss of vehicle including articles left within.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 3:19:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://seaworldparks.com/en/buschgardens-williamsburg/park-info/know-before-you-go/

Mailing Address:
Busch Gardens Virginia
1 Busch Gardens Blvd.
Williamsburg, Va. 23187
Phone:
(800) 343-7946

Security Procedures
Busch Gardens® has increased security procedures, which may result in slight delays while entering the park. As a part of this process:
All bags, backpacks, and packages are subject to inspection prior to entering the park.
As a reminder, the following items are not permitted to be brought into Busch Gardens for the safety of our animals and our guests: weapons, knives, any other type of sharp objects, straws, large hard or soft coolers, and any hazardous items or materials.
Please leave any unnecessary articles secured within your vehicle to expedite your entry into the park.
Busch Gardens is not responsible for fire, theft, damage or loss of vehicle including articles left within.
View Quote

I read that on their site. Basically I'm wondering if there are metal detectors
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 4:00:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I read that on their site. Basically I'm wondering if there are metal detectors
View Quote

No, there are not. They had them after 9/11 for a season or two, but then dropped them.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 6:40:24 PM EDT
[#4]
No metal detectors.  Worst they can do is kick you out.  I've never been kicked out,  just saying.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:44:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Weapons, knives, straws?
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:17:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Half the time the police are texting or looking shit up online. I always have my pocket knife when I go to busch gardens. Maybe they just haven't noticed the clip
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:28:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I went there last week. It's basically random bag check with a magnet, and they may check you over personally if you look sketchy and it's not peak entrance time. No Garrett wands or metal detectors. Theoretically, any bags, soft coolers or purses are all checked. However, purses, strollers, diaper bags...none of that gets checked when there's a mob of people entering at opening. At slow entrance times mid day, they will check more consistently.
Main concern is that many of the ride forces and buckles and seating arrangements would make secure carry very awkward, and IMHO it's not worth pissing your family/friends off if you get kicked out if a jacket rides up over your IWB or worse yet, lose retention.
I don't bother with more than a small keychain pocket knife.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 9:04:36 AM EDT
[#8]
We are just going to see the Christmas lights not riding any rides
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 9:34:51 AM EDT
[#9]
verboten is still running.  fun coaster.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 10:02:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's the one that replaced Big Bad Wolf, right? Interesting theme/decor at that one. I feel like the ride attendants should be wearing Wehrmacht uniforms.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's a rip off, and not worth the cost, but have a good time.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 1:48:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My sentiments exactly but my fiance and parents are dragging me along against my wishes
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 1:53:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

My sentiments exactly but my fiance and parents are dragging me along against my wishes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I feel for you, I went for free last year and didn't think it was even worth the cost of parking and crappy food
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 2:28:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Half the time the police are texting or looking shit up online. I always have my pocket knife when I go to busch gardens. Maybe they just haven't noticed the clip
View Quote

That was my observations the last time I went. Always have a knife on me. Usually don't have my gun on though.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 4:25:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I feel for you, I went for free last year and didn't think it was even worth the cost of parking and crappy food
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I go because the wife and family love to go.  Not sure what food you were eating but I loved everything I ate.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:12:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That's the one that replaced Big Bad Wolf, right? Interesting theme/decor at that one. I feel like the ride attendants should be wearing Wehrmacht uniforms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What?

Maybe I go just to see this one, yes? By Wehrmacht you meen Heer I assume? Sounds like an interesting theme
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:34:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

That one hurts my neck. I have been in line a few times and somebody puked all over one of the cars. The line seems to be the longest for this one too
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 5:58:01 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Weapons, knives, straws?
View Quote
All those gangstas shooting spitballs, apparently.

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 9:00:15 PM EDT
[#19]
A few observations from the trip. I did not see the first sign anywhere that read no firearms and I looked around at the entrance, I can't confirm or deny if I  carried my glock 26 in my Galco ankle glove , but I did carry my new vertx gammut edc bag packed light just water, a first aid kit, wallet and flashlight as well as some layering clothes and hot hands. Guy didn't even check it. My brother took his 511 sling bag with baby stuff and the guy took a quick peep and said enjoy the lights.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 4:04:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Weapons, knives, straws?

The no straws thing is for the animals.  People are fucking slobs and toss straws wherever, which the animals manage to eat, followed by intestinal blockages and gastric surgery or slow and painful death.  Lots of zoos have the same rule.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 10:32:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Not sure what food you were eating but I loved everything I ate.
View Quote

The food there is actually pretty good, particularly the Smokehouse. It's about what you'd expect for theme park food for pricing - high but not outrageous.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:50:25 PM EDT
[#22]

I have nothing to add except fuck that place when it's busy.

It could be nice if it wasn't slam packed with a bunch of mouth breathing fatasses and their litters and if anyone there had any fucking concept of personal space.

Wife and kids love it, so I get dragged there.  We went yesterday and I spent the entire time suppressing the urge to start tossing people over railings and feeding elbows to rude motherfuckers.

Something slightly funny/concerning....I saw a very tan, dark haired kid that looked about 14-15 walking with what I guess was his family who had a shirt on that read "I'm the bomb".  As they walked by they were speaking some form of dirka dirka.  

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 7:08:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I have nothing to add except fuck that place when it's busy.
View Quote

I had a season pass when I was in school down there, and got spoiled. My buddy and I would go there at like 1pm on a Tuesday, in the off-season times. No lines for anything, they'd let us ride around 2-3 times without getting off on Apollo's Chariot.

I can't even go there anymore. Even a minimal line infuriates me.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 11:01:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I am an LEO, just don't want to cause a stir at the gate. Thanks guys
View Quote

Cause what stir? If you have creds, they can't say boo.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 12:02:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They would have to get off the phone or stop flirting with the staff to check any of that lol
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 2:46:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They would have to get off the phone or stop flirting with the staff to check any of that lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now that's funny!
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:50:56 PM EDT
[#27]
I went in August and they had no metal detectors or anyone checking the gate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top