Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2014 7:18:04 PM EDT
Who's making their way down?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:33:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I wish...Ill have to make it after Christmas.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:39:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I may go after work tomorrow

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:46:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be there. Should be a buyer's Christmas!
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:33:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll be dropping by to look at scopes.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 2:28:02 AM EDT
[#5]
So I haven't gone to a gun show in probably 6 years.  Are ammo prices semi reasonable?  I have a laundry list of guns and components and ammo that I want to pick up, and will be there when it starts in around 12 hours, but just wondering what gun shows are like nowadays?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:00:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I may swing by at some point this weekend considering that it is just a few minuets away. Can someone let me know if the large book dealer that is usually set up in the middle is back for this show? My understanding is that he wasn't there for the last show.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:00:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll be hitting it on Saterday at some point.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:11:12 AM EDT
[#8]
It's getting better.  I was at the last show and most of the common centerfire calibers were back down to sane prices.  For whatever reason .22 is still expensive, but you can find it in some stores now for normal prices, so I think that was people that had stocked up trying to wring those last few $$$ out of their  "investment" before everyone caught on.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:27:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd like to go, if nothing else, to check out the NRA Museum's "Attic Sale".  Don't think I can swing it, though.

Would be highly interested in any observations/feedback on what they made available for sale, and the prices.   I suppose pictures would be too much to ask ... but I'm really curious to read/hear what they had.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:49:11 PM EDT
[#10]
It's hard not to when it's right down the street.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:05:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Any update?  Pistol powder available?  
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:13:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Any update?  Pistol powder available?  
View Quote

<eagerly awaits answer to this question>

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:15:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I stopped by quickly and had a few observations:

1. There were some very good prices on low end ARs, including the S&W mp15 Sports
2. Ammo prices are far more sane, except .22
3. Handgun prices are about what you would expect, some good deals here and there, but nothing shocking.
4 the new Ruger 10/22 takedown in Birch stock was around, priced from $300-$400 (yes, that much variation)

I went to look at agin safes, and he Baldinos sales people were nowhere to be seen. They apparently travel in a pair even for the bathroom trips.

Minimal crowd when I got there at 4:45...

-shooter
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:57:02 PM EDT
[#14]
There is a guy on the left wall as you enter that has powders, he also sells jewelry.  He had UNIQUE, CFE Pistol, H110.  Those are the powders I am familiar with and use.

The other two guys that are normally there also had some powders available but as I am not in need of any at the moment I didn't really pay attention to what they had on hand.

I was at the show to get primers and other small things.  Ended up purchasing and having it built for me a 458 Socom by Precision Weapons.

Have a nice day.

Bill
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:03:51 AM EDT
[#15]
I had a 308 upper  built by Precision several years ago and it's a tack driver. Last show I picked up an SLR adjustable gas block for it from them. I think you'll be happy.

Quoted:
There is a guy on the left wall as you enter that has powders, he also sells jewelry.  He had UNIQUE, CFE Pistol, H110.  Those are the powders I am familiar with and use.

The other two guys that are normally there also had some powders available but as I am not in need of any at the moment I didn't really pay attention to what they had on hand.

I was at the show to get primers and other small things.  Ended up purchasing and having it built for me a 458 Socom by Precision Weapons.

Have a nice day.

Bill
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:10:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Titegroup, Unique, Power Pitosl, 335 and others are available for $32+ per pound. Saw an eight piunder of unique for $240. Not great but it is available.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:21:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Where did you see the titegroup?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:13:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Guy on the far left wall when you enter had individual canisters. They were behind the table this morning.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 6:48:37 PM EDT
[#19]
You'll need to finance .22lr - everyone selling it thinks they own the last box manufactured.  Bricks of them are going for $40 when you can get them at ESS for $18.  

I'm convinced I'll NEVER get a good deal at a gun show again, period.  The MSRP for a KSG is $999, and Trader Jerry sells it for $1109?  Seriously?  No one pays MSRP - let alone $100+ OVER it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 7:50:37 PM EDT
[#20]
I saw numerous KSGs for $850. Could have swore TGs had one on their temporary wall for $800. If it wasn't their booth it was right beside it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Anybody have any of the recent batch of Italian police 92S?

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:48:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Titegroup, Unique, Power Pitosl, 335 and others are available for $32+ per pound. Saw an eight piunder of unique for $240. Not great but it is available.
View Quote

Wonder if that is the same guy that had the 8lb of Unique in Richmond for $240?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:11:33 PM EDT
[#23]

AST had a bunch at their shop labeled as police trade ins, but I don't know if they were Italian police.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:20:34 AM EDT
[#24]
I saw nothing spectacular at the show . It's ok to pick up an AR, Glock, or M&P . Ok for center fire ammo ,primers and magazines. Still no rim fire or reasonable pistol powder .

I have been going to VA gunshows now for 20 years, and I swear there are the same guys trying to sell the same guns with the same price tag the whole time .
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:22:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
AST had a bunch at their shop labeled as police trade ins, but I don't know if they were Italian police.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nope those were FS 92s , had I seen the S I would of got it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:31:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I saw nothing spectacular at the show . It's ok to pick up an AR, Glock, or M&P . Ok for center fire ammo ,primers and magazines. Still no rim fire or reasonable pistol powder .

I have been going to VA gunshows now for 20 years, and I swear there are the same guys trying to sell the same guns with the same price tag the whole time .
View Quote

Remember when the Chantilly show was a "event" when they only had it a three times a year. I quit going several years ago. The 90 mile round trip is simply not worth it to me anymore.

Nine times out of ten the only vendor I'd buy anything from was Dark Sun.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:02:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Remember when the Chantilly show was a "event" when they only had it a three times a year. I quit going several years ago. The 90 mile round trip is simply not worth it to me anymore.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, it's 50 for me and is simply not worth it for me.  It's a main event for my 13yo nephew though...he wants to buy every $10 knife and $25 pistol crossbow out there!
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:06:23 AM EDT
[#28]
I saw lots of .22 there but all overpriced.  Also got to play with a .22 MP40 and MP44 - they are AWESOME!!!
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:26:10 PM EDT
[#29]
This is the first time that I walked the show looking just for tactical scopes...and I only found one vendor selling anything mid-range:  Kenzie's Optics

They had a handful (AccuPoint, PST, Razor HD Gen II), but the discount off of MSRP was pretty minor and not nearly enough to motivate me to drop that much cash from a vendor heading out of town at the end of day.  The guy I spoke with there did seem like a really decent guy though.

Pretty much everything else there was cheap Chinese crap.  Looks like I'll just pick something up online...hopefully with some sort of Black Friday deal.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:30:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Found pistol powder friday for $23 lb. New Rossi m92 under $500 OTD. Bought 20" .357. Found great deals on used pistols. Bought 5906 nice cond. $310 OTD. Nice 226R 9mm working nite sites, $530 OTD. Passed on some good prices on new Beretta 92's, waiting on that purchase. Ammo prices not so hot. It is definitely a buyer's market for firearms of all flavors.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:57:49 AM EDT
[#31]
As an early Christmas gift, my sammich maker bought me a threaded PPX from Dark Sun for $350 OTD...After taxes, it turned out to be about $10 more than if I had bought from PSA and transferred through QT, but not having to drive or wait is def worth it.

Also scored 3 50cal ammo cans for 33.50 OTD.

All in all, not a bad day.

God Bless America, and FBHO!
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:23:49 AM EDT
[#32]
I went, I saw and left empty handed.  One guy had an 8 lber of H4895 for $175, if it would have been IMR then it would have left with me. I didn't see any with TNT.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:30:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Can anybody tell me what was the price for the Italian police Beretta 92S guns at the show?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:37:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Can anybody tell me what was the price for the Italian police Beretta 92S guns at the show?
View Quote

Didn't see any. New 92's were $569 (before negotiating).
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:17:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
...my sammich maker bought me a...
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:03:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Anyone recall the cost of 1000 rounds of 9mm?   Just wondering if it is cheaper to order online or wait until the next show.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:08:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Anyone recall the cost of 1000 rounds of 9mm?   Just wondering if it is cheaper to order online or wait until the next show.
View Quote

I bought a case of CCI Blazer Brass FMJ 9mm from Midway this summer for $224 shipped.  I didn't see anyone close to that, but I'll admit that I wasn't really looking for 9mm.  I was looking for .40 S&W and .380 ACP...because I am a sucker for shit calibers.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:09:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

$260-280k. Cheaper at Walmart. Reloading components were in decent supply, ammo prices were unreasonable IMO.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:18:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

freedom munitions is your friend .....
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:19:35 AM EDT
[#40]
PSA has fiocchi  1000rds $229 shipped to NOVA.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:03:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have seven shows scheduled for 2015.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:08:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Barring another panic they will lose more vendors. Two local vendors that used to set-up at every show have stayed away the last two shows.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:04:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Barring another panic they will lose more vendors. Two local vendors that used to set-up at every show have stayed away the last two shows.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am afraid you are right. I know several dealers who were grumbling because with that many shows it simply spreads the same, finite amount of disposable income people are willing to spend over that many more shows but there travel and table expenses go up for the year.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:27:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 on Freedom.  I bought 1k of reman 9mm hollow points for $190, and shipping is free for all first time buyers.  I am happy with the ammo and the company.

Quoted:

Good lord!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top