Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2014 3:35:17 PM EDT

I'm going to Red Cloud Off-Road park in Woodbridge.  It will be my first time at that park and my son's first true off-road experience.  With all the rain, the mud trails will be most excellent.

May also go shooting at the NRA that evening.  Looks like they are open until 11, but I've never been on a Saturday so I'm not sure if it's all FUBAR on the weekends.

R-COR
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:58:01 PM EDT
[#1]
interesting , i hadn't even heard about them.   go figure i just sold my wheeler to a friend because of a lack of legal mud and trails

i'll have to tell him about it and go check red cloud out.  i'll also be heading to the nra range saturday evening , i have a few new builds that need test firing and rough sighting in.   i usually show up around 9:15 or 9:30 and stay till closing , it's usually not busy at all later in the evening , unless there's a gun show that weekend.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:05:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
interesting , i hadn't even heard about them.   go figure i just sold my wheeler to a friend because of a lack of legal mud and trails

i'll have to tell him about it and go check red cloud out.  i'll also be heading to the nra range saturday evening , i have a few new builds that need test firing and rough sighting in.   i usually show up around 9:15 or 9:30 and stay till closing , it's usually not busy at all later in the evening , unless there's a gun show that weekend.
View Quote

A lack of legal trails has not stopped me, although at my age it should.  I've got a honey spot, and that's all I'll say.  

If you go Saturday, send me an IM.  I've got a new gun and several hundred rounds that I need to dispose of.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:07:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I had no idea that place existed.  Ill have to go play sometime.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:43:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I've seen it online but haven't been yet.

My CJ is almost done with the T18 transmission swap
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:05:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've seen it online but haven't been yet.

My CJ is almost done with the T18 transmission swap
View Quote

$25 for the whole day ($15 for active mil) isn't a bad deal.  Plus they have a free car wash before you leave.  Unfortunately, I want to leave it muddy.  I understand that at a minimum you need to do a cursory wash of the wheels and wheel wells.

They also encourage bringing food/drinks because there are many places to stop off at the park and just chill and/or use the porta pottys.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:57:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Are they open during the winter? I don't think my jeep will be up and running before November.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:04:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Are they open during the winter? I don't think my jeep will be up and running before November.
View Quote

My understanding is they are open every Sat & Sun, and also on special occasions, such as July4th weekend or Memorial Day weekend.  They also do night events, but that's out of my comfort level (plus - no lights).

EDIT:  I've seen pics and a video on YouTube of Jeeps there with snow on the ground.  Not sure if it was spring or just starting to snow or if it was dead winter.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:03:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Where is this place at?  Growing up in the area, there used to a be a TON of places to go ride ATVs or go wheeling.  

Anyone else remember hitting the powerline trails off of Rt 234 just West of 95?  That place was amazing!

You could get all the way over to the Potomac river if you knew the right trails.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:33:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Where is this place at?  Growing up in the area, there used to a be a TON of places to go ride ATVs or go wheeling.  

Anyone else remember hitting the powerline trails off of Rt 234 just West of 95?  That place was amazing!
You could get all the way over to the Potomac river if you knew the right trails.
View Quote

It's access gate is at the back of the commuter lot off of I-95 at the Woodbridge exit (on the right as your heading to Famous Dave's or Chick-Fil-A).  There is no address as it's undeveloped property.

There is a map and directions on their website.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:56:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It's access gate is at the back of the commuter lot off of I-95 at the Woodbridge exit (on the right as your heading to Famous Dave's or Chick-Fil-A).  There is no address as it's undeveloped property.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Doh!   I scanned through the site, but didn't note that.

Interesting.  I did note they don't allow CCW unless you are LE.  

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:11:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I saw that.  I also thought to my self, "self - why did they feel the need to specificlly state that"?  Just seemed odd.  Oh, and we don't allow chickens and water buffalo, by the way.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:30:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Yeah, I saw that.  I also thought to my self, "self - why did they feel the need to specificlly state that"?  Just seemed odd.  Oh, and we don't allow chickens and water buffalo, by the way.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Originally Posted By tackleberry114

Trucks + Rednecks + Drinking =Fights

I remember before Potomac Hospital & Potomac mills was built we used to ride  dirt bikes there.Used to cross under 95 through the sewer drain.And Cardinal Drive,By old Garfield.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:57:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I remember before Potomac Hospital & Potomac mills was built we used to ride  dirt bikes there.Used to cross under 95 through the sewer drain.And Cardinal Drive,By old Garfield.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Originally Posted By tackleberry114

They specifically prohibit alcohol (and glass), and I think they prohibit rednecks as well.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:03:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Way back in the mid '70's we used to go off of Cardinal Drive along the power lines and go shooting all the time
The broken clay pigeons would be a foot thick - people had been going back in there to shoot for years. My father would watch us load up cases of shotgun shells, rifle ammo, etc.
He thought we were going off to war  but no just a day of shooting for a bunch of teenagers
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:17:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Way back in the mid '70's we used to go off of Cardinal Drive along the power lines and go shooting all the time

The broken clay pigeons would be a foot thick - people had been going back in there to shoot for years. My father would watch us load up cases of shotgun shells, rifle ammo, etc.

He thought we were going off to war  but no just a day of shooting for a bunch of teenagers
View Quote

The trails off of Cardinal connected with those at Rt234.  Hell, at one point you could ride up to the back of Kmart.

The trail to the Potomac went under 95 and across Rt 1, down the hill from Potomac High School.  The powerline trail just South of the high school was also part of the trail system.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:27:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

The trails off of Cardinal connected with those at Rt234.  Hell, at one point you could ride up to the back of Kmart.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The trail to the Potomac went under 95 and across Rt 1, down the hill from Potomac High School.  The powerline trail just South of the high school was also part of the trail system.  
You two sound like you grew up in Woodbridge,Go to WSHS or Garfield ? I graduated WSHS class of '77.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:37:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd just interpret that as they want you to openly carry
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:12:15 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You two sound like you grew up in Woodbridge,Go to WSHS or Garfield ? I graduated WSHS class of '77.  

Naw, grew up in Stafford.  The trails up there were off the hook and worth the drive.  

The trails off of Courthouse Road / I-95 in Stafford were really good too.  They have pretty much been destroyed by development over the last decade or so.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:08:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Damn... I was born in '76.  Well, you're older and wiser, so you've got that going for you.  

Quoted:
I'd just interpret that as they want you to openly carry

I like the way you think!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:09:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Alright, I guess I'm going solo.  Screw you guys.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top