Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:07:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Nbc29 just reported there is a forensic link between this case and the Morgan Harrington case. No details though.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:51:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nbc29 just reported there is a forensic link between this case and the Morgan Harrington case. No details though.
View Quote

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/Mother-of-Morgan-Harrington-Forensics-Link-Hannah-Graham-Case-to-Harringtons-277460122.html
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:28:04 PM EDT
[#3]
There was also a reported link between the Harrington murder and a 2005 rape in Fairfax.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:50:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There was also a reported link between the Harrington murder and a 2005 rape in Fairfax.
View Quote

Yes, that was connected at the time of Morgan's murder. Thats where the police sketch came from. They have just been waiting for the guy to get arrested for something else so hisDNA would then be taken and they would get the hit. Unfortunately, it looks as if he was arrested for killing another girl.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:59:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yes, that was connected at the time of Morgan's murder. Thats where the police sketch came from. They have just been waiting for the guy to get arrested for something else so hisDNA would then be taken and they would get the hit. Unfortunately, it looks as if he was arrested for killing another girl.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which would make it a serial killing, and all three crimes would make the killer eligible for the death penalty, even if the circumstances in one individual case wouldn't otherwise.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 4:59:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Which would make it a serial killing, and all three crimes would make the killer eligible for the death penalty, even if the circumstances in one individual case wouldn't otherwise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:38:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Absolutely
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely

News here this morning they were talking about the death penalty being taken off the table in exchange for  info on where Graham's body is at if they don't locate it soon.  While I hope her family gets closure when they locate her body I would really like to see this turd ride Ole Sparky.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:53:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

News here this morning they were talking about the death penalty being taken off the table in exchange for  info on where Graham's body is at if they don't locate it soon.  While I hope her family gets closure when they locate her body I would really like to see this turd ride Ole Sparky.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely

I wouldnt negotiate with him. Randy Taylor is in jail for murdering Alexis Murphy. He said he would tell them where her body is for a reduced sentence. Her family told him to get fucked and rot in jail.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:25:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I wouldn't negotiate with him. Randy Taylor is in jail for murdering Alexis Murphy. He said he would tell them where her body is for a reduced sentence. Her family told him to get fucked and rot in jail.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't negotiate with him. Randy Taylor is in jail for murdering Alexis Murphy. He said he would tell them where her body is for a reduced sentence. Her family told him to get fucked and rot in jail.

Neither would I or most of ARFCOM but we aren't the general public.  What is the CA Chapman like in Charlottesville?  Tough on crime kind of guy?  

Haven't heard much from the Graham family at all in this and I have doubts that the Harrington family will push for the death penalty.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:34:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Neither would I or most of ARFCOM but we aren't the general public.  What is the CA Chapman like in Charlottesville?  Tough on crime kind of guy?  

Haven't heard much from the Graham family at all in this and I have doubts that the Harrington family will push for the death penalty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no idea but I know the feeling here, from what I see online,  is that he should be swinging from a tree already.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:15:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I havent heard of the Alexis Murphy case before so I looked it up. I found a video of Randy Taylors attorney giving a press conference last year where he states there was a third person in his trailer with them that night. According to Randy Taylor it was "larger black male with dreads". Hmmmm interesting. Also if you look at the security camera from the Liberty gas station she was last seen you can see an orange object in the picture. Looks to me to be the trunk of a car with a spoiler. Mathew has an orange car with a spoiler.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:11:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I havent heard of the Alexis Murphy case before so I looked it up. I found a video of Randy Taylors attorney giving a press conference last year where he states there was a third person in his trailer with them that night. According to Randy Taylor it was "larger black male with dreads". Hmmmm interesting. Also if you look at the security camera from the Liberty gas station she was last seen you can see an orange object in the picture. Looks to me to be the trunk of a car with a spoiler. Mathew has an orange car with a spoiler.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Randy Taylor gave a man's name who he said was there. The state police checked him out and he had a good alibi. The guy also testified in court. Assuming Taylor isn't lying, then Matthew is not related to that case. The state police also recently said the orange object in that security camera photo is actuall part of a sign that is hanging from the building.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:23:46 AM EDT
[#13]
http://touch.dailypress.com/#story/dp-nws-missing-women-20140930/

Now a possible Newport News/CNU link to the case.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:22:57 AM EDT
[#14]
news from NBC29

Randy Taylor's attorney Michael Hallahan has written a letter to the Nelson Commonwealth's Attorney requesting additional DNA testing and further examination of Alexis Murphy's social media activity and Jesse Matthew's social media activity to determine is they had any contact.
The request comes after confirmation from police earlier this week that Jesse Matthew has been linked to the disappearance of Morgan Harrington, who was abducted and murdered in 2009.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:35:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Well looks like they may have found her.  

Remains Found in search
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:43:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Remains Found in search
View Quote

You get your news from CNN?
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:46:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remains Found in search

You care?  why bless your little heart.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:24:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:49:51 AM EDT
[#19]
The officer said they had finished searching the park and something told him to search adjacent property. Not far from the road, behind an abandoned home, he found a skull , vertebrae, and dark colored pants. He said he felt this feeling inside him, like God was leading him to the body.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:05:18 AM EDT
[#20]
I hope the DOC gets the lethal injection supply issues resolved and sets some aside for this gentleman.  I suspect he will be heading to Greensville before to long if no one messes up.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:41:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The officer said they had finished searching the park and something told him to search adjacent property. Not far from the road, behind an abandoned home, he found a skull , vertebrae, and dark colored pants. He said he felt this feeling inside him, like God was leading him to the body.
View Quote

I believe it's an area where he's known to fish. I think the Harrington body was found along that same stream or a tributary.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:42:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Body was found less than 5 miles from Harrington's, and in the same general direction.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 6:18:40 PM EDT
[#23]
The needle can't meet this motherfuckers arm fast enough.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 6:19:43 PM EDT
[#24]
I wouldn't say its in the same general " area" . It is toward the southern part of the county. And for someone who may have grown up in that part of the county you could be a bit familiar with both places just from riding school busses and having friends all around. Or for one who fishes or hunts the area there would be a bit more familiararity. But you would need a very specific reason to go from one to the other , its not like the two spots are on the same road or even along the same route to town. I believe the farm where Morgan was dumped was just random. Its very rural and secluded, especially in the middle of the night. He did reportedly live at some point near where this second body was found though. Walnut Creek Park is very popular. It has a decent little lake for fishing and swimming and also has mountain bike trails. I have been there numerous times.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 7:16:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Have we allowed Ol' Sparky to be used again?

No one can stop juicing this excrement by not selling drugs for executions.

A number of other states have passed laws specifying they can use their electric chairs if lethal drugs cannot be found.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 7:43:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Use a rope. It's inexpensive, ecologically friendly, can be reused many times.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

A number of other states have passed laws specifying they can use their electric chairs if lethal drugs cannot be found.
View Quote

I thought they get the choice, either the chair or the needle.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:33:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, lethal injection only for quite some time now.

Utah still gives death row prisoners a few options, and is still carrying out death warrants where the condemned have chosen firing squad, even though the option no longer can be chosen.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:42:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Utah still gives death row prisoners a few options, and is still carrying out death warrants where the condemned have chosen firing squad, even though the option no longer can be chosen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  Robert Gleason was fried last year, his choice.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:54:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit? Cool.

Looked it up. I stand corrected.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:19:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Matthew has been indicted in a 2005 Fairfax county sexual assault. Press conference sometime between 4 and 5 today.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:30:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Matthew has been indicted in a 2005 Fairfax county sexual assault. Press conference sometime between 4 and 5 today.

View Quote

Good grief!  How many rapes and missing people is he being investigated for now?  His legal record is all kinds of FUBAR even without the recent stuff, how in the hell did UVA employ him?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:33:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Has anyone seen just how many cold cases across the state in areas where he has been that they are taking a second look at?

I know they were looking at him for one in Newport News while he was a CNU.  Any others?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:59:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Has anyone seen just how many cold cases across the state in areas where he has been that they are taking a second look at?

I know they were looking at him for one in Newport News while he was a CNU.  Any others?
View Quote

A NN cold case?  It appears he raped a girl at Christopher NewPort U, but she too didn't press charges... however, he was again forced out of school.

The personal accounts I read indicate this guy is pretty damn incompetent and has about an elementary reading comprehension. There have been suggestions he couldn't get away with these crimes on his own and has been helped along.  How does someone that appears to be so noticeable/memorable (as many have said) and had almost no resources (until UVA hired him had no income....moocher) get so many opportunities to be accepted into colleges, jobs and hardly scrutinized for his long list of bad behavior?  Society gave this monster waaay too many breaks.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:17:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

A NN cold case?  It appears he raped a girl at Christopher NewPort U, but she too didn't press charges... however, he was again forced out of school.

The personal accounts I read indicate this guy is pretty damn incompetent and has about an elementary reading comprehension. There have been suggestions he couldn't get away with these crimes on his own and has been helped along.  How does someone that appears to be so noticeable/memorable (as many have said) and had almost no resources (until UVA hired him had no income....moocher) get so many opportunities to be accepted into colleges, jobs and hardly scrutinized for his long list of bad behavior?  Society gave this monster waaay too many breaks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTVR also reported that police in Newport News are looking for any possible links to Matthew in the cases of two women who vanished more than a decade ago - Sophie Rivera on September 7, 2003 and Autumn Day on July 24, 2003. Both women disappeared during the time that Matthew was attending nearby Christopher Newport University, reports the station.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:41:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Good grief!  How many rapes and missing people is he being investigated for now?  His legal record is all kinds of FUBAR even without the recent stuff, how in the hell did UVA employ him?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was my understanding they had a basic description of the suspect in FFX and a DNA sample, but no suspect to have it tested against.

As soon as he became a person of interest and they got ahold of his DNA buccal swab, they had a match and he was presented for indictment.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:13:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It was my understanding they had a basic description of the suspect in FFX and a DNA sample, but no suspect to have it tested against.

As soon as he became a person of interest and they got ahold of his DNA buccal swab, they had a match and he was presented for indictment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is 100% correct
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:28:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the first time I have seen his competence questioned.  I have spoken with a number of people who worked with him at UVA and none had anything ill to say of him other than what we now know.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:11:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

This is the first time I have seen his competence questioned.  I have spoken with a number of people who worked with him at UVA and none had anything ill to say of him other than what we now know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There a several people that have come forward and said they felt sorry for the guy and that they tutored him, but felt he wasn't on par with the other students. I read former students in Lburg and NN give this account.  Let's be honest, Cville has a complex, they would never admit UVA hired a guy who could barely read, but it's been stated several times.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:53:27 PM EDT
[#40]
I heard on the news today that Charlottesville police received a tip from a guy several weeks ago about a large number of vultures circling in the area where Hanna Graham's body was eventually found. No information was provided as to what action the police took in response to the tip.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:45:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I heard on the news today that Charlottesville police received a tip from a guy several weeks ago about a large number of vultures circling in the area where Hanna Graham's body was eventually found. No information was provided as to what action the police took in response to the tip.
View Quote

They've had 3000 reports of vultures and odors
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:46:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Remains confirmed as  Graham's
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:35:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 7:48:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went to high school with LJ and played football and lacrosse with him and I can 100% confirm that he is slow.  Like part way retarded.  Hopefully that won't keep him from getting the death penalty.  He always seemed kind of rapey, and was super friendly with the cute white girls.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 8:51:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I went to high school with LJ and played football and lacrosse with him and I can 100% confirm that he is slow.  Like part way retarded.  Hopefully that won't keep him from getting the death penalty.  He always seemed kind of rapey, and was super friendly with the cute white girls.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MHS? 2004 Grad here.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 9:51:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a friend that went to school with him from elementary through high school, who referred to him as 'a world class athlete, but dumb as a bag of hammers'.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Since he has been charged in Fairfax already and is possibly looking at three life sentences, would he serve time there before serving any time for his charges/future murder charges, in Cville ? Would a death penalty take precedence over everything else ?
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 4:47:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Since he has been charged in Fairfax already and is possibly looking at three life sentences, would he serve time there before serving any time for his charges/future murder charges, in Cville ? Would a death penalty take precedence over everything else ?
View Quote

If Matthew gets convicted in Fairfax, he'll be sent to one of the facilities run by the VDOC. If he subsequently get a conviction in the Graham case, I would think that the court will sentence him to serve the Fairfax and Charlottesville sentences consecutively. If he gets a death sentence (which I hope he does), it will take priority over any other sentence.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top