Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2014 7:32:04 AM EDT
My wife loves seafood and her birthday is coming up.  I want to take her to the best one in the area. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 5:14:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Wish I could tell you.....I'm still learning the area.  From what I can tell most of the seafood is not Bay or VA even seafood.  I'd love to find some mom-n-pop joint that is truly supported by the local watermen.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 8:28:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out Captain Chuck-A-Mock's

www.captainchuck-a-mucks.com/

It's not 5 star, but it is good sea food - a lot of it fresh off the boat.  It's in Rescue on the inlet just across the bridge for NN.

It was a Diners, Drive In, & Dives feature a couple of years ago.

Was there again a couple of weekends ago.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:22:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Hands down Harpoon Larry's on J. Clyde. The York River Oyster Co. at the York River Yacht Haven on Gloucester Point is excellent too…waterfront, crab deck, live music etc...
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:06:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Captain Chuckamucks is good food, but it feels like you're spending a lot for paper plates and plasticware.

The Crab Shack at the fishing pier just off of Mercury before the JRB is good.

I would second Harpoon Larry's.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 6:29:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Croaker's off Shore Drive in VB.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 9:55:28 PM EDT
[#6]
+1 for The Crab Shack
-1 for Harpoon Larry's on J Clyde.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 8:00:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
+1 for The Crab Shack
-1 for Harpoon Larry's on J Clyde.  
View Quote

I'm hoping Harpoon Larry's on J.Clyde is an improvement over the one that used to be on Mercury in Hampton.

That old location was nasty.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 12:03:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Check out Captain Chuck-A-Mock's

www.captainchuck-a-mucks.com/

It's not 5 star, but it is good sea food - a lot of it fresh off the boat.  It's in Rescue on the inlet just across the bridge for NN.

It was a Diners, Drive In, & Dives feature a couple of years ago.

Was there again a couple of weekends ago.
View Quote
He's local to me and I almost never eat there; he charges WAY too much for what you get.

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 3:16:53 AM EDT
[#9]
This is relevant to my interests since I moved to the area about a month and half ago.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:35:49 PM EDT
[#10]
We like the Surfrider "chain".  They are local.  There is one in Poquoson and one in Hampton.  I've never eaten at the one in Poquoson, but the one in Hampton is killer.  My wife loves the crab cakes.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:41:59 PM EDT
[#11]
A couple of co-workers have said Captain George's is a good buffet, I can't confirm this though:

http://www.captaingeorges.com/

Williamsburg is a probably less of a drive than the VA Beach one
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 8:57:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We like the Surfrider "chain".  They are local.  There is one in Poquoson and one in Hampton.  I've never eaten at the one in Poquoson, but the one in Hampton is killer.  My wife loves the crab cakes.
View Quote

Surfrider is very good.  We hit the one on Poquoson every couple of months for lunch.  

If you want a dive then The Fish Market in Hampton is a pretty good spot.   You can buy seafood on ice and then have lunch if you want.   We eat there on occasion too.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 6:31:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote
+1.  Excellent food and decent prices.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top