Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2014 11:47:33 AM EDT
I need a few things so I'm going to swing by, and I've only met a couple of people here so I thought I'd say hi if anyone is going.

Les
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 11:49:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm thinking about heading down there.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Ill be there. hopefully ill sell the AR15 im  bringing ....
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 7:23:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I may be down. My buddies kid wants to get a new grip pod for his airsoft rifle and my buddy has to work. I told him I would take him if he wanted. We will see if his son calls me.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorta brief show review:

Just got back - took my son (9) to his first show.  Stopped by the VCDL booth to get our "Guns Save Lives" stickers, of course.  Neckbeard to normal people ratio was about 1:6, so it wasn't too bad.  

• I checked out .22 prices, although I don't own anything that shoots it, because it's always fun to see the craziness that somehow surrounds this mythical ammo.  In my opinion, the prices were as if they were solid silver bullets.  You can go online to Ventura Munitions and buy a box of 50 for $4.99, or get it at the show for the low, low price of $17.99.    Armscor HP's are $55/500 online, and were absolute obscene at the show.

• .40S&W was a joke as well.  I just bought some Blazer for $13.75-ish a box and it was $22 there.  $22!!!  And I mean all over the place, not just one vendor.

• But there were some really good deals there for sure.  They had really nice shirts for $5 with all proceeds going to WWP.  All kinds of beef jerky - free samples! - for super cheap, and it was fantastic.  Coins and bills were very reasonable with some great deals mixed in, if you're into that.  Everyone and their brother had pmags for $10 each or 5/$45.  One booth with 10/$85 and had what looked like several hundred if not a 1000.

• Saw the Trader Jerry's booth, which I didn't know about until seeing you guys post about it before.  It was a huge booth, but the only gun I compared before moving on was a Keltec KSG for $1100.  It has some visible marks and scratches on the frame/stock from being handled or transported too much.  The booth right next to it was selling a mint condition one for $899.  

• Quantico Tactical and The Gun Dude were there and both had really good deals.

• Bought my first EOTech, so I'm a cool kid now.  Nothing special, a 512, for $380 out the door.  Also bought a 30 rnd Lancer mag, which I'd never heard of, but some passers-by said were GTG.  Let me know if I just bought a re-branded Pro-Mag, please.  

• Couldn't find a BCG or barrel that I would consider a deal at any booth.  Standard, no-name BCG's were selling between $120 and $160.  You can get a PSA for $99, so I'm not sure what was up with these.  Stripped uppers (generic) were as low as $80 and as high as $175.  I can get a BCM for $120!!  And anything name brand (Vltor, DD, LaRue) was outrageous.

• But everyone was nice and friendly.  No pushing and bumping like at the Dulles show, even though it was pretty full.  If I hadn't spent more than expected, I'd go back tomorrow since I didn't get to check out everything.

For you TL/DR folks - good show overall.  Some good/great deals and some that were absolutely laughably bad.  I'm rating it 8/10.

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:49:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorta brief show review:

Just got back - took my son (9) to his first show.  Stopped by the VCDL booth to get our "Guns Save Lives" stickers, of course.  Neckbeard to normal people ratio was about 1:6, so it wasn't too bad.  

• I checked out .22 prices, although I don't own anything that shoots it, because it's always fun to see the craziness that somehow surrounds this mythical ammo.  In my opinion, the prices were as if they were solid silver bullets.  You can go online to Ventura Munitions and buy a box of 50 for $4.99, or get it at the show for the low, low price of $17.99.    Armscor HP's are $55/500 online, and were absolute obscene at the show.

• .40S&W was a joke as well.  I just bought some Blazer for $13.75-ish a box and it was $22 there.  $22!!!  And I mean all over the place, not just one vendor.

• But there were some really good deals there for sure.  They had really nice shirts for $5 with all proceeds going to WWP.  All kinds of beef jerky - free samples! - for super cheap, and it was fantastic.  Coins and bills were very reasonable with some great deals mixed in, if you're into that.  Everyone and their brother had pmags for $10 each or 5/$45.  One booth with 10/$85 and had what looked like several hundred if not a 1000.

• Saw the Trader Jerry's booth, which I didn't know about until seeing you guys post about it before.  It was a huge booth, but the only gun I compared before moving on was a Keltec KSG for $1100.  It has some visible marks and scratches on the frame/stock from being handled or transported too much.  The booth right next to it was selling a mint condition one for $899.  

• Quantico Tactical and The Gun Dude were there and both had really good deals.

• Bought my first EOTech, so I'm a cool kid now.  Nothing special, a 512, for $380 out the door.  Also bought a 30 rnd Lancer mag, which I'd never heard of, but some passers-by said were GTG.  Let me know if I just bought a re-branded Pro-Mag, please.  

• Couldn't find a BCG or barrel that I would consider a deal at any booth.  Standard, no-name BCG's were selling between $120 and $160.  You can get a PSA for $99, so I'm not sure what was up with these.  Stripped uppers (generic) were as low as $80 and as high as $175.  I can get a BCM for $120!!  And anything name brand (Vltor, DD, LaRue) was outrageous.

• But everyone was nice and friendly.  No pushing and bumping like at the Dulles show, even though it was pretty full.  If I hadn't spent more than expected, I'd go back tomorrow since I didn't get to check out everything.

For you TL/DR folks - good show overall.  Some good/great deals and some that were absolutely laughably bad.  I'm rating it 8/10.

View Quote

this !!! my ar15 didn't make it 15ft from my car before I sold it .....
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:09:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Details, details....
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 5:31:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Details, details....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Details, details....

drove up from Hanover got there about 11: 30 . park our van put for sale sign in muzzle start walking toward building guy wants to look at rifle . he says he is interested but wants to look around  another guy drives up in pick-up and tells me he will take it . he gives me $$$ I give him rifle ... the end  
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 5:49:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

drove up from Hanover got there about 11: 30 . park our van put for sale sign in muzzle start walking toward building guy wants to look at rifle . he says he is interested but wants to look around  another guy drives up in pick-up and tells me he will take it . he gives me $$$ I give him rifle ... the end  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Details, details....

I should have been more clear.  What kind of rifle and what kind of beard/fedora did the gentleman have?

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:24:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I should have been more clear.  What kind of rifle and what kind of beard/fedora did the gentleman have?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Details, details....

LOL!! rifle DPMS oracle . beard \ fedora - none ....  
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 9:35:28 AM EDT
[#10]
I thought about going there but went to gander instead. Bulk blazer brass turned out to be on sale.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:29:32 PM EDT
[#11]
This is my favorite show, but I'm dumping all my extra cash into my 63 suburban. So no gun shows until next year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top