Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2014 10:28:32 PM EDT
Anyone know a place to shoot near Lexington?  We are looking to shoot both long and short guns.  The only local places I saw were The Glorious Twelfth and Quail Ridge Sporting Clays which I assume are shotgun only.  Potts slope is too far away.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:40:17 AM EDT
[#1]
if you're willing to come north Hite Hollow is an option, look around the national forest page and see whats around
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:54:26 AM EDT
[#2]
There is a membership-only range on South River Road.  Rifle, shotgun and handgun, two ranges, 100yards, hosts SASS and a few other things.  I think the dues are around $80 a year now and membership info is on their website.
http://blueridgeshooters.com/

There are several VDGIF ranges in the area, most between 30 and 60 minutes away though.
http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/hunting/sighting-in-ranges/

If you work at or are affiliated with VMI, we now allow faculty, staff and cadets to use our North Post range during the various open shoots.  Not open to the public, however.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:33:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Anyone know a place to shoot near Lexington?  We are looking to shoot both long and short guns.  The only local places I saw were The Glorious Twelfth and Quail Ridge Sporting Clays which I assume are shotgun only.  Potts slope is too far away.  Thanks in advance.
View Quote

I had sent you a PM, do you still visit this thread ?
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:45:49 PM EDT
[#4]
If you are in the Lexington area, I'd suggest looking into the BRSC, as TAP mentioned.  You can get in touch with me via IM if you are interested in joining.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Just saw it... replied.

I'm only going to down there for a weekend. So I was hoping there was a place I could drop in to.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 12:26:42 PM EDT
[#6]
There is a range in a park out 64 past house mountain that isn't too bad. Pistol and rifle ranges, went out there when I was in college . Can't remember what it's called
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 1:06:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is a range in a park out 64 past house mountain that isn't too bad. Pistol and rifle ranges, went out there when I was in college . Can't remember what it's called
View Quote

Sounds like you are referring to the Low Moor DGIF range
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top