[#3]
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 6:33:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

excellent !!!!  
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:24:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks good and I certainly applaud those who made the effort.....but I would suggest that our tactics really need to deemphasize the "rural" or "country" aspects of gun ownership and gun culture and focus more on why gun ownership is good for suburban and urban dwellers.  There is certainly nothing wrong with rural/country, but our state (and the US as a whole) is fast becoming much more urban and suburban.  If only people in rural areas identify with our cause, we lose.  Suburbanites (and even inner city residents) need to be shown how their lives and their safety are improved by widespread gun ownership and fewer restrictions on the right to keep and bear arms.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:56:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Loved the vid.  Great work.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:01:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Matt and Ken did a tremendous job with this and they should be commended.

It was a pleasure to be part of this.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:54:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I like the video,  however I don't see any fence sitters of anti's watching the whole thing.

What about breaking it up into individual videos with one person in each one?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:16:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I like the video,  however I don't see any fence sitters of anti's watching the whole thing.

What about breaking it up into individual videos with one person in each one?
View Quote

The video remains brief and yet retains enough content/conveyance here to engage anyone that is openminded. IMO, it's important to show various localities, diverse people, and all more "professional" then a trigger happy rasta ATF agent..  Only so many people are going to actively seek out the website. This video is more effective if we share  with our various type of friends.  Personalize it, if you know folks in the video or VDCL, say something like " Sharing a friend's video.....bad guys aren't gonna like it".  The appeal of the messenger also carries with the message.  Your anti /neutral friends, and the short attention spanned ones will likely give it a harder look if we do our part.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:14:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Were you in it?  I saw Baraka (I think that was his name) from the HTF Meet & Greet.  I can't remember his screen name.  I'm jealous.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:54:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Outstanding video!

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:34:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Looks good and I certainly applaud those who made the effort.....but I would suggest that our tactics really need to deemphasize the "rural" or "country" aspects of gun ownership and gun culture and focus more on why gun ownership is good for suburban and urban dwellers.  There is certainly nothing wrong with rural/country, but our state (and the US as a whole) is fast becoming much more urban and suburban.  If only people in rural areas identify with our cause, we lose.  Suburbanites (and even inner city residents) need to be shown how their lives and their safety are improved by widespread gun ownership and fewer restrictions on the right to keep and bear arms.
View Quote

I agree with this.  And like it or not, the hoplophobe soccer moms in the suburbs vote - often uninformed.  The urban/suburban resident is also far more likely to need a firearm.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:44:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I agree with this.  And like it or not, the hoplophobe soccer moms in the suburbs vote - often uninformed.  The urban/suburban resident is also far more likely to need a firearm.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We were limited by the people who responded that they wanted to appear in the video.

If more people who lived in urban areas responded, you would see more interviews in those locations.

Simple as that.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:00:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

We were limited by the people who responded that they wanted to appear in the video.

If more people who lived in urban areas responded, you would see more interviews in those locations.

Simple as that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Simple as that.

Great job!

FWIW - Alexandria and Mount Vernon are 2 areas that are about as urban and suburban as you can get.  There is nothing rural or country about the City of Alexandria.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:41:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Were you in it?  I saw Baraka (I think that was his name) from the HTF Meet & Greet.  I can't remember his screen name.  I'm jealous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. I am the one in the blue shirt with the dog.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:39:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah - nice job!
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:33:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Ah - nice job!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah - nice job!

Thanks!  It was a pleasure to be invited to participate.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:13:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Midlothian and Glen Allen,  both in the video,  aren't rural or country. They are exactly what a suburb is.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:07:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Midlothian and Glen Allen,  both in the video,  aren't rural or country. They are exactly what a suburb is.
View Quote

Tell that to the condo dwellers in Reston Town Center or Tyson's Corner.  To them, Midlothian is a bunch of pick-up trucks and farms.  

Shocking amount of IT professionals in that vid.  Are we all wired the same?
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 8:14:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Tell that to the condo dwellers in Reston Town Center or Tyson's Corner.  To them, Midlothian is a bunch of pick-up trucks and farms.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah geeks with guns!
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:30:28 AM EDT
[#21]
That is cooler than penguin farts!
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:04:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yeah geeks with guns!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah geeks with guns!

Correct usage of geeks vs. nerds, your legit.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 1:35:05 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

There's some regular folks in there, too. I'm not an IT geek. :)
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:37:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Very well Done...

Thank you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top