Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2014 4:14:42 PM EDT
Just moved to Chantilly.

I have a budget build I want to put through some paces and see how it turns out. PSA upper with sig brace and PA micro dot on top. I would like to do a course that requires about 200 rounds. Obviously, it needs to be a class that will be willing to allow a sigbrace and "non-tier 1" status equipment. Any idea where to look around?
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 6:23:13 PM EDT
[#1]
There are usually some carbine courses at the NRA range.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:16:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Obviously, it needs to be a class that will be willing to allow a sigbrace
View Quote

do any of them? I've never heard of a carbine class that didn't require a stock

the other gear won't be a problem as long as it works
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:36:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Obviously, it needs to be a class that will be willing to allow a sigbrace

That's kind of why I want to use the sigbrace. I know what the ATF ruled on the SigBrace and I want to see how it holds up.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:49:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I started a thread a while back about trying to get Ronin up here. After a home purchase, sick family, and gf tripped up my free time, I got distracted.

I'll try and get something organized
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:18:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Victory First has a couple of carbine classes over at Echo Valley in September, October time frame.  I believe Pat Rogers has a couple of two day basic carbine classes over there as well.  I know someone who ran a Sig brace MK18 clone at the last Victory First one day course.   Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 7:47:38 PM EDT
[#6]
EAG's Carbine Operator in October at Echo Valley

http://www.eagtactical.com/courseschedule.asp
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:42:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can recommend Path or Matt without hesitation.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:20:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

^^^ This is a great class, took it in '07 at Quantico.  I really should take it again as a refresher.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:55:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just moved to Chantilly.

I have a budget build I want to put through some paces and see how it turns out. PSA upper with sig brace and PA micro dot on top. I would like to do a course that requires about 200 rounds. Obviously, it needs to be a class that will be willing to allow a sigbrace and "non-tier 1" status equipment. Any idea where to look around?
View Quote

I took a class from Capital Defense with Mark Briley when I first got mine.  He walked me through sighting both MBUS and red dot, bench rest and standing shooting, cleaning/maintenance, and a bunch of other stuff.  My biggest issues were trigger pull and sighting in, which he fixed with no problem.  Think it was $125 for 1hr of 1-on-1.  He shoots at NRA and Sharpshooters.  I found the class beneficial to me.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 9:29:39 PM EDT
[#10]
That was the last instructor course put on at Quantico.  The base eliminated the guest instructor program afterwards.  Marines scared of guns...who would have thought.

Quoted:

^^^ This is a great class, took it in '07 at Quantico.  I really should take it again as a refresher.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 11:55:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That was the last instructor course put on at Quantico.  The base eliminated the guest instructor program afterwards.  Marines scared of guns...who would have thought.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

We had a helluva run, though.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:05:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pat's the Gold Standard for carbine courses.

I would strongly recommend that you have a reliable backup rifle with you in case your test model doesn't hold up.  You don't want to be "that guy" that constantly has hardware issues and takes up the time of the instructors and the rest of the class (regardless of who you choose to train with).  Wring it out on the range first, and be confident that your gear is ready for a class, and then have a backup just in case.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:17:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I would strongly recommend that you have a reliable backup rifle with you in case your test model doesn't hold up.  You don't want to be "that guy" that constantly has hardware issues and takes up the time of the instructors and the rest of the class (regardless of who you choose to train with).  Wring it out on the range first, and be confident that your gear is ready for a class, and then have a backup just in case.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only have one rifle.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:51:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You should be able to run one of Pat's T&E rifles, just ask about it when registering
Only have one rifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should be able to run one of Pat's T&E rifles, just ask about it when registering
Only have one rifle.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 7:55:13 AM EDT
[#15]
I have no issues with the Sigbrace. I have 4 of those now, and consider it to be a great thing for AR pistols...

We also have EAG Carbines available for loaners to students.

We do classes regularly at EVTC.

Re rd count.
For our 2 day Basic Carbine class we require an average of 750rds
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:45:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have no issues with the Sigbrace. I have 4 of those now, and consider it to be a great thing for AR pistols...

We also have EAG Carbines available for loaners to students.

We do classes regularly at EVTC.

Re rd count.
For our 2 day Basic Carbine class we require an average of 750rds
View Quote

cool
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:23:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Commonwealth Criminal Justice Academy did courses. Their one day carbine classes are fun, and reasonably priced. Highly recommended as both an at intro as well as a course intro.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top