Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2014 6:45:08 AM EDT
I have a new safe on the way and I need/want a pedestal for it, but have had no luck. Called Clarke Bro. and Baldinos and nothing. I'm in Fauquier and will travel an hour on so to pick up.

Anyone know where or can help? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 9:11:25 AM EDT
[#1]
It would be a ton cheaper to make it yourself...as where to pick one up...no idea
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 10:21:58 AM EDT
[#2]
A bit of lumber for a form and a few sacks of Quickcrete...
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys, but let me put it this way... Not to handy with the power tools and concrete, plus I don't have any real work area for that. Just looking to throw money at the problem and see what sticks.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 3:57:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Stack bricks?
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 7:19:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 1:15:07 PM EDT
[#6]
My safe pedestal is made from 2x4s and a sheet of plywood, and covered with carpet. I purchased it from Liberty Safes over 15 years ago.

You can purchased one here
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 1:25:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My safe pedestal is made from 2x4s and a sheet of plywood, and covered with carpet. I purchased it from Liberty Safes over 15 years ago.

You can purchased one here
View Quote

This is where I got one for my original safe, thru Steves Services, however he is out of town right now and my new safe goes on Monday. It is just piss poor planning on my part.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:13:57 PM EDT
[#8]
A 'tool-less' wooden option (if VA-gunnut's option is not appealing) would be to go to your local lumber yard (maybe even Home-Depot/Lowes) and buy sufficient dimensional lumber to meet your goals.  They'll generally cut to-length lumber you purchase there, perhaps for a small fee. For example, buying three pieces of 4" x 4" x 8' (fir ... or if you're rich, a harder wood, like oak ) would allow you to put together a pedestal that is nominally 4" x 24" x 4'.  The actual size would be closer to 3 1/2" x 22" x 47".

If you opt for the brick/wood solution, wrap the room-facing, outer surface of the sticks/bricks with duct tape prior to the installation.  This will keep the ad-hoc pedestal together/in place during the installation; the tape can be removed after the safe's in place.  

Should you choose wood, a staple gun and razor-knife would allow you to easily cover your pedestal with carpet of your choice; it'll look 'professional' thanks to the carpet.  Select a carpet with dense backing and smear everything with lots'a glue before you staple the carpet down.  (I'd avoid using pressure-treated stock ... unless your safe is going to be installed in a garage or outbuilding.)

(I've intentionally stayed away from the issues related to attaching the safe firmly to your building, which generally takes place through holes in the safe's base.)
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 1:50:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I can probably help depending on what you are looking for. For a 5" riser I'm thinking 2x4s on edge to make a frame and pieces of 3/4" ply on each side - that would give you a 5" riser. Like 24x36 or something? Seems like that would be pretty easy to knock out. You could staple some carpet over it and have what the Fort Knox thing looks like.

I'm in Centreville.

Jeff

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top