Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2014 2:20:48 PM EDT
At the last get together at BD's place, he showed me a pistol buffer and talked be through the process of getting an SBR and by making the pistol first, etc.

Well, I did, but can you believe I haven't even had time to SHOOT it yet and already received my stamp??

Holy crap - mad props to the ATF!  I efiled on July 9th and got it today.  From looking around online and on this site, apparently they are approving anything and everything with a quickness.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Damn.

The turn around is that quick now?

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:51:20 PM EDT
[#2]
The word is out for sure, seems to have opened wide up.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 3:35:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Disregard. I can't read.

So... Pics? There are rules man.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:00:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Disregard. I can't read.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Disregard. I can't read.

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:01:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:01:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:04:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Grats on the new rifle!
View Quote

Thanks - can't wait to go fire it!
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:47:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 5:55:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Holy crap, you had approval in ONE MONTH?!

I must be on the poop list.    I'm still waiting on some e-filed goodies from late May/early June.  

Still waiting on a paper-filed F4 from April '13, too.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 6:00:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Supposedly from what I've been reading, the returns on e-files are quite speedy right now.
View Quote

This is good news!
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 6:05:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Holy crap, you had approval in ONE MONTH?!

I must be on the poop list.    I'm still waiting on some e-filed goodies from late May/early June.  

Still waiting on a paper-filed F4 from April '13, too.  
View Quote

It was an awesome feeling, being my first stamp, and expecting it around OCT or NOV at the earliest.

I'm still waiting on a suppressor efiled by my FFL on 3/15.  So...

I filed this one myself, obviously.  Maybe Form 1's are being done by other people?  Otherwise, I can't explain why I don't have my silencer approved.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 6:26:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This is good news!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Supposedly from what I've been reading, the returns on e-files are quite speedy right now.

This is good news!

Electronic Form 1 filings are supposedly getting approved pretty quickly right now.

Unfortunately, Form 4 is still paper only (since April) and taking forever.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:29:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Congrats OP! Ive been on the fence on an SBR, but this good news has definitely persuaded me to make a move.

Did you have it engraved locally in VA?
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:42:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Congrats OP! Ive been on the fence on an SBR, but this good news has definitely persuaded me to make a move.

View Quote

Thanks!  And yes, I did, at Photon Engraving in Manassas.  I want to say it was $90 or so but it was done while I waited (done in about an hour or less).  By the time I went to Chick fil a down the street and had breakfast he was calling to say it was done.  I will not hesitate to use him again - very nice guy, and into guns as well.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 11:41:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Thanks!  And yes, I did, at Photon Engraving in Manassas.  I want to say it was $90 or so but it was done while I waited (done in about an hour or less).  By the time I went to Chick fil a down the street and had breakfast he was calling to say it was done.  I will not hesitate to use him again - very nice guy, and into guns as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the info! Did you engrave the barrel as well or just the lower? Ive read mixed on having to do both
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 12:22:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Thanks for the info! Did you engrave the barrel as well or just the lower? Ive read mixed on having to do both
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You engrave the lower only.  The ATF requirement is to engrave the lower receiver, as that is what is considered the "firearm" - the part you need to get through an FFL.

Visual Guide to completing ATF Form 1's

EDIT: Photon knows all about it (NFA engraving req's) and knows the exact height/depth the engraving must be.  He did mine .03" or .003" or something more than required.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top