Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2014 6:53:04 AM EDT
I just picked up a GI model from Auto Ordnance and I'm looking to have it tweaked a bit.  Who can reccomend a great 1911 smith?  Extra points if they're within 100 miles of Hampton roads.  Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 12:06:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd be interested also for future reference. A friend had work done about 5 years ago at Hatsfield in Manassas but the wait was a bit long. Since then I've read lots of negative reviews about the shop.

I honestly shipped my.1911 out of state since I found one place that could do everything I wanted at one time.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:33:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Rick at TTI is numero uno in my book.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:19:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rick at TTI is numero uno in my book.
View Quote

TTI
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:23:02 PM EDT
[#4]
D.R. Middlebrooks is in Surry.

I have never had any work done by him but a lot of the guys from the gun club speak very highly of his work.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 9:54:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one of the 2112 instructors at PWS do work for me.  Built a steel plate 1911 for me off of a Caspian frame and slide and built a "MEUSOC" clone for me off of a RIA 1911.  IM and I'll give you his contact info.  He also built an M40A5 and an M39 for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top