Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2014 7:23:50 PM EDT
Ok me and a few people that I shoot with are looking for a piece of property to shoot on or even join a hunt club that will allow us to target shoot.  We are all mature adults and our number one thing is safety. Would prefer for it to be within an hour of Fredericksburg are.  Please let me know what you have thank you. Would prefer wi
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:26:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Location?
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 8:18:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Ok me and a few people that I shoot with are looking for a piece of property to shoot on or even join a hunt club that will allow us to target shoot.  We are all mature adults and our number one thing is safety. Would prefer for it to be within an hour of Fredericksburg are.  Please let me know what you have thank you. Would prefer wi
View Quote

I'm also looking for a place to do some plinking outdoors.  I'm near Quantico and The Cove is just too far.  It's like 2+ hrs each way.  Willing to pay, of course.  Let me know if you find anything.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 11:49:51 AM EDT
[#3]
There is the Isaac Walton League in Stafford.

Quoted:
I'm also looking for a place to do some plinking outdoors.  I'm near Quantico and The Cove is just too far.  It's like 2+ hrs each way.  Willing to pay, of course.  Let me know if you find anything.
View Quote

If you're current or retired mil you can join the Quantico Shooting Club.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 12:27:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.  I've looking into it before.  I am neither active or retired and they don't us treat vet's any different than John Doe's - I'd have to be an "associate member".  It appears I would need to be sponsored by a regular member, get approved by the board, wait for the next winter solstice comet...

I'm just looking for a place to shoot outdoors, and would happily pay 5X what Quantico charges.  Please let me know if anyone knows of a place.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 1:53:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah we are just looking for somewhere to shoot without the BS
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 1:59:03 PM EDT
[#6]
What about Northern Virginia gun club?  They are about 30 minutes from Fredericksburg toward Dahlgren.   Really nice place.   I used to belong when i lived up there.   Still go back a couple of times a year with a fiend.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 3:21:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll look into them thank can you shoot full auto there
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 7:46:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

http://www.northernvirginiagunclub.org/

I did not see anything about it on the web site.  You can ask when you get there.   Best way to join is to show up at a work day on Saturday, introduce yourself and be ready to work.  That is how I did it several years ago.   Show you are a good guy who is willing to work to better the club and you will be a shoo in.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 3:41:02 AM EDT
[#9]
This place is just around the corner from me in Fauquier and I've heard good things about them.

Range 82
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 4:56:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 5:05:55 AM EDT
[#11]
range 82
Thanks for the post I never knew about this place
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 7:23:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Range 82 is super restrictive and member based.  From their website:
Law Enforcement / Commercial Clients:
Monday thru Friday, 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM (Range is "HOT" at 8:00 A.M.)

General Membership Hours:
Tuesday & Thursday Handguns, Wednesday Rifles
5:00 PM - half hour before sunset

(Starting the week of November 2, winter hours will commence, i.e. Saturdays only!)

Saturday - Handgun & close rifle, 25 yard line and in 12:00 Noon - 3:00 PM
Saturday - Rifle range (50 & 100 yard line) 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Saturday shooters RSVP by phone, e-mail, or text by 10 AM
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 7:39:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

(Starting the week of November 2, winter hours will commence, i.e. Saturdays only!)

View Quote

Good lord, super restrictive doesn't describe it.  Rifles - Wed from 5pm until before sunset and Sat 3-6?  $250?  They don't want any members.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 10:05:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I did not see anything about it on the web site.  You can ask when you get there.   Best way to join is to show up at a work day on Saturday, introduce yourself and be ready to work.  That is how I did it several years ago.   Show you are a good guy who is willing to work to better the club and you will be a shoo in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right now NVGC is full at 500 members.  The waiting list is about 25 people right now.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 10:23:13 AM EDT
[#15]

NVGC:

NO FA

NO 50cal rifles(only shotgun & blackpowder)
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 5:30:20 PM EDT
[#16]
It would almost be worth the time and $$ to buy a small plot of land in Caroline County or Spotsy. When I lived in Fredericksburg there was nowhere to shoot except a buddy's place in Caroline. There is the Rod and Gun Club, but IIRC the memberships there are outrageous. My BIL is a member at the Izaak Walton Club up there but I've never been.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 7:30:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Good lord, super restrictive doesn't describe it.  Rifles - Wed from 5pm until before sunset and Sat 3-6?  $250?  They don't want any members.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to mention this:

View Range 82 Membership

All shooters at Range 82 are required to submit to a criminal record check before being approved for membership. This is required for the safety of our members, personnel and the community.

No full auto either unless LEO.

No thanks.

Link Posted: 8/4/2014 7:51:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Yeah no thanks
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 7:55:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It would almost be worth the time and $$ to buy a small plot of land in Caroline County or Spotsy. When I lived in Fredericksburg there was nowhere to shoot except a buddy's place in Caroline. There is the Rod and Gun Club, but IIRC the memberships there are outrageous. My BIL is a member at the Izaak Walton Club up there but I've never been.
View Quote

Instead of buying land it would be easier to lease a piece like a hunt club does.  That way if land development forces you out your not stuck. And rod and gun club doesnt allow full auto
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 10:53:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Instead of buying land it would be easier to lease a piece like a hunt club does.  That way if land development forces you out your not stuck. And rod and gun club doesnt allow full auto
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The trick is to buy unrestricted land and never, ever tell anyone you just want to shoot on it before you buy. After you buy just show-up and shoot.

Looks to me like you could find something in Culpeper Co. Lots of hilly land out that way.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top