Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2014 4:03:24 PM EDT
I've let my guitar playing lapse since my old instructor left for New York. Does anybody know of a good guitar instructor around my area? I enjoy playing fingerstyle guitar - stuff like Guy Van Duser or Chet Atkins. That stuff is bloody hard to learn! Any referrals would be greatly be appreciated!

Edited to add: This was the last song I learned to play to give you an idea of what I'm looking for (not me playing!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDzmUR2u9KE

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:34:50 PM EDT
[#1]
FlyingNut, where are you in VA?

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 4:56:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Herndon. Don't mind driving a bit. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:56:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Sent you pm.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:34:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had a very good experience with the music instructors at Jammin' Java.  If you live in the Herndon/Reston area, the instructor may be willing to give you lessons at your home -- at least one of the instructors lives in the area.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 1:35:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Reston Music, at the Fox Mill Shopping Center, provides lessons.  I don't know if they offer what you are looking for but it wouldn't hurt to ask them.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:48:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys! Have two solid leads! Now to build up those callouses again. Thank god for muscle memory. Some of those songs came back to me quicker than expected!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top