Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2014 12:38:37 PM EDT
Really, Should I even bother?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:03:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd go just to see the prices on AK's!!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:11:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Cheap entertainment, as far as I'm concerned.  Likely going out on Friday.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:49:56 PM EDT
[#3]
No!

Quoted:
Really, Should I even bother?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:03:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I was pleasantly surprised with the last show. Went on a Friday and had a good time. Ak (and everything comblock) will probably be ridiculous this time, but the rest of the prices were reasonable last time around.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:35:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I always go. Gotta support the community and show up and pay the entry fee. Love fingering all the guns too.

I'm in the market for a pocket pistol. Really hoping to find a kahr cm9 for a decent price, or something close in size to that.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:27:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I always go. Gotta support the community and show up and pay the entry fee. Love fingering all the guns too.

I'm in the market for a pocket pistol. Really hoping to find a kahr cm9 for a decent price, or something close in size to that.
View Quote

I don't feel like paying that entry fee supports anybody but the promoters.

How ever, it appears that we are getting back to the place where the show prices are competitive with the local shops. For a long time they weren't.

-shooter
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:57:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How ever, it appears that we are getting back to the place where the show prices are competitive with the local shops. For a long time they weren't.

-shooter
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-shooter

Well... if people stopped going they would either discontinue or scale back the show. I like to just walk around those things. I haven't personally been to a show larger than Nations, so I always enjoy myself whether I buy something or not.

Prices are getting better! Last time I saw $10 pmags, $12 ammo cans, cheap black hills ammo, and a few pistols for less than what I could order them. I also saw a savage axis marked for $500 and a few overpriced uppers. Much better than a year ago.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:38:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well... if people stopped going they would either discontinue or scale back the show. I like to just walk around those things. I haven't personally been to a show larger than Nations, so I always enjoy myself whether I buy something or not.

Prices are getting better! Last time I saw $10 pmags, $12 ammo cans, cheap black hills ammo, and a few pistols for less than what I could order them. I also saw a savage axis marked for $500 and a few overpriced uppers. Much better than a year ago.
View Quote

Yep - Last time I saw a guy with brand new pmags by the cases for $10 as well.  He was sitting all the way at the back and had a ton of 1911 stuff for dirt cheap, which was drawing quite the crowd as well.  If you plan on spending a couple hundred, you'll have paid for the entry fee in "good deals" alone.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:36:09 PM EDT
[#9]
What are the names of the groups that sell reloading supplies there and where are they located? I need some primers, powders and bullets and have never purchased them before from the show. Also how is the supply for all of the above? I need varget, power pistol and some imr stick. Was planning on showing up around 2 to avoid the line but not sure if everything I need will be gone by then?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:19:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I should walk the show with my Arsenal SLR-105 and see if I get any bites.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:29:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I do like going to Hooters and grabbing a beer after walking the show.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:05:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yep - Last time I saw a guy with brand new pmags by the cases for $10 as well.  He was sitting all the way at the back and had a ton of 1911 stuff for dirt cheap, which was drawing quite the crowd as well.  If you plan on spending a couple hundred, you'll have paid for the entry fee in "good deals" alone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quantico Tactical had 5 Gen 2 PMAGs for $45 at recent shows.  That's the best show price that I have seen.

There are a couple of guys selling ammo cans, but I have been buying from the 2 for $25 guy.  Some of his cans look nearly new.

Deals are hard to come by, but they are there.  I picked up a brand new blued P232 for $560 at a recent show.  That's a good price even on GunBroker.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:04:39 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll be at the show, hopefully in a shared booth. I'll be with the Convention of States Project to pass out literature, talk about the movement, and gain signatures for the petition. Not sure how long I'll be there of if I'll be there for both days. But if you're there come say hey...

ETA: I'll be there in the morning on Saturday and Sunday, just got the schedule.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:58:48 AM EDT
[#14]
The dealer I work with usually will be skipping the show - other than AKs it should be really slow for dealers.  Since I ran out of beef jerky (really) I might go just to check it out, but I think it's going to be a really weak show.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:13:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Hooters and beer is good.
Best part is it walking distance.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:31:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I should walk the show with my Arsenal SLR-105 and see if I get any bites.
View Quote

I've got a matching E. German kit build that probably would be a good idea to walk around too....
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:11:13 PM EDT
[#17]
<edited>  Oops! - meant the first part of this to be a response to j0nx -

I typically go to TNT Reloading.  

They have a good sized setup in about the center of the show, back a bit towards the rest rooms along the rear wall.  They'll probably be easy to find at the start of the show by the long, really slow-moving line snaking around their display.

You should be able to get primers, bullets, and at least some rifle powders.  For the past year or so pistol powders of any type are hard to find.  I suggest you come with a list of acceptable pistol powders, rather than limiting yourself to only one.  Also, like it or not, show up early.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't buy much at gun shows nowadays, but I don't mind supporting the promoters.  They're entitled to make a buck, and if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have the show.  Plus I think having this show attracts people to the shooting sports that might not otherwise develop an interest.

I would really hate to see this show disappear - though I know there are people in this county that are absolutely appalled that it is here.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:43:18 AM EDT
[#18]
I'll see how may afternoon is going and may show up today, but I am not thinking it will be worth it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:47:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Found out we'll have a table next to the NRA just before you get inside.

Kind of wish I hadn't loaned my SIG to my wife... I miss carrying it sometimes.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:03:18 AM EDT
[#20]
The nephews want to go to get the parts to complete a few builds.  We need barrels, bolts, carriers, charging handles, stocks, hand guards, the thing that goes up, sights...  Any preferred vendors we should visit?  I usually get all this stuff online.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:49:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Any chance there's an HK VP9 for under $700?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:49:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The nephews want to go to get the parts to complete a few builds.  We need barrels, bolts, carriers, charging handles, stocks, hand guards, the thing that goes up, sights...  Any preferred vendors we should visit?  I usually get all this stuff online.

View Quote

I don't remember the name of them but there is a company that sits way in the back left hand corner of the center. They had some decent barrel prices. I might go visit them after my booth time. You might find deals on the other stuff but barrels are hard to come by. And if you get there in the morning before 1pm I'll have my hand guards that I'm selling.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:00:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'll see how may afternoon is going and may show up today, but I am not thinking it will be worth it.
View Quote

Just left. Pretty quiet.  AAR to follow.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:07:33 PM EDT
[#24]
I spent the afternoon at the show. There were actually some vacant dealer tables this time! Other than that, it was slower than usual.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#25]
In short:  plenty of parking, plenty of room to move around.  Really feels like the EBR buzz has almost totally died off.  Spent most of my time looking at c&r stuff, and finding a 22/45 (thanks, QT!).  Didn't seem to be an overwhelming number of sales taking place.

.22LR derp continues ($20 mini-mags?  )

AK derp seems to have begun, at least in some places.  The "last chance" signs are up, $850 for unconverted Saigas (that can't be right).  Some spill over into other models, namely ridiculous pricing on PAP pistols.  Did see some Arsenal pistols that looked decently priced, but that was about it.

All in all, only lasted  a couple of hours before I figured i had seen all there was to see.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:49:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Ill be there tomorrow.
If any of yall want a free pass for Extreme laser Tag to our Facility Sudden Combat let me know.
Ill meet up with you.
The M4's and Glocks we use are top of the line with realism  and blow-back.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:29:04 PM EDT
[#27]
I showed up at 1pm on Friday. Bought a kahr cm9, a pocket holster for it, a chamber brush, and a pair of tweezers.  Saw lots of $10 pmags and $12 ammo cans like last time. Saw some fair prices on AR parts. 22 ammo is still too damn high. Saw lots of reloading stuff. Saw other ammo at better prices than last time, but internet prices have fallen recently so I didn't buy any.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:50:13 PM EDT
[#28]
I went today after skipping the last show, first show I had missed in the last few months. Here are my observations from this show. I got there at 4 this afternoon. I found several open parking spots in the main lot, closest I have parked in a while. Walked right in. Was shocked how empty the place was on a Friday. It looked more like a hour before the show closed on a sunday during football season. There was a third stand selling reloading stuff along the back wall. He had stuff I had not seen at the other two guys but his prices seemed higher. I did pick up some powder from one of the other dealers that I had not been able to find in the past year.

Gun prices seemed all over the place. One dealer had a rifle that was a fair price while the next guy over would have it for a $100 more. Most prices seemed high but there were one or two good prices. I think some of these dealers are crazy. But to be fair I only look at a very few make and models. I saw a few SIG 227s. Prices seemed OK but most were $100 over internet prices. Saw a P320 that was priced over $100 then what they are going for on the internet. Saw a few basic AKs around $500. Not bad compared to last year. Most of the AK pistols were about $500 also. I did see a lot of AKs going for close to $1000 along with a few AK pistols...WTF.

Russian type ammo prices were out of control. Saw some going at or more then .223 ammo. Again...WTF.

The up part, no line at the reloading stands. Seemed to be more people selling AR parts, I mean real AR parts.

The down side, seemed to be less gun dealers. There was even a guy selling fudge, yes fudge. Heard one dealer telling a guy that the last show was bad for them and this show was starting off even worse.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:11:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Any chance there's an HK VP9 for under $700?
View Quote

I couldn't find a single VP9 for any price anywhere in the show...and I was there at 130... No vendor I spoke to had one when they showed up today....the cheapest I found P30 magazines was $44 a piece, and I bought the 3 I saw at that price...I saw them for $60 a piece at one table

I am likely going back tomorrow with a buddy and will look again...

I have a VP9 and am jonesing for my second....the thing is fantastic
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 11:25:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Not too terrible, enjoyed the elbow room.  Worth the trip to see Jerky Pete and scored a NIB USGI Headspace Gauge for $30.  Definitely more AR parts and quality stuff.

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 3:16:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Dropped by this afternoon.  Looked slower than normal, but still a lot of tables.  Picked up a another holster and some ammo.  Was looking for a Smith 617, but no dice.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:59:10 AM EDT
[#32]
I wish panic buyers would do a little research before they screw up market prices. I saw two clowns fawning over a Century AK (w/U.S. Mfg receiver) talking about how it will be worth $2K by the end of the year because Obama banned all Russian guns.

Oh, early on Friday, I saw a woman having a discussion with three VA State Police officers. She wasn't arguing with them but it seemed she wasn't happy with what they were telling her. I wonder what that was about.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:28:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Can anyone advise if Trader Jerry is there this weekend?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:25:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Can anyone advise if Trader Jerry is there this weekend?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:33:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I wish panic buyers would do a little research before they screw up market prices. I saw two clowns fawning over a Century AK (w/U.S. Mfg receiver) talking about how it will be worth $2K by the end of the year because Obama banned all Russian guns.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:29:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Talked to a couple vendors and overheard a few more, all in agreement, show was slow.  I don't see how it's profitable for any of them.

Saw an assembled lower for $750.  WTF. Nothing special on it, looked like the vendor's "own" receiver with regular stuff on it. Maybe I missed something, but probably not.

Typical NCStar and UTG tables even one with Magpul and TD knockoffs - $20 stubby VFGs and AFGs

I think Trader Jerry's had the best prices typically. I liked QTS's selection of LMTs

I bought a few OKay mags and a cleaning mat, not a yoga mat with a sticker, one that has the AR exploded view on it.

As someone else said, people watching was fun, but I've probably never had so many people blatantly walk into me. I don't mean at the table, turn around to move back into traffic, oops, sorry but flat out just walk into including one old fat guy with a cane.  Maybe he was brown-capping, who knows

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:46:32 AM EDT
[#37]
While Trader Jerry's brings a massive amount of stock, I am always surprised at what I can't find on their tables.  Still though, they are definitely one of the vendors I check out each time.

While much smaller, I also check out DK Firearms.  They have given me a fair deal in the past...and I don't forget.

On the other hand, if I spot NcStar products or jacked up 22LR on one of your tables, I don't give the rest of your stuff a glance.  It's a big time saver for me.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:08:11 AM EDT
[#38]
We're going to run over there now, and I fully intend to make an impulse purchase to offer my little part of support for the show, community, and industry.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top