Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2014 8:04:00 PM EDT
If your going to do the individual route vs. a trust the wait time is really short for Fairfax County. I dropped off my packet at the detention center information booth last Friday and it came in the mail today.

That's only 6 days including a weekend vs. the time frame I saw on the form of weeks.

Now off to get engraving done.

Just wanted to pass on some good news for those seeking that route for NFA who live in Fairfax County.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 4:33:21 AM EDT
[#1]
My timeline was even shorter.  Dropped it off Monday, received signed paperwork on Wednesday.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Impressive!  Isn't this from the newly elected Sheriff whom was expected to not sign?  Didn't she say prior to the election that she wouldn't sign?
Am I remembering the wrong person???

Link Posted: 6/12/2014 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Impressive!  Isn't this from the newly elected Sheriff whom was expected to not sign?  Didn't she say prior to the election that she wouldn't sign?Am I remembering the wrong person???

View Quote

You remember correctly.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 3:37:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You remember correctly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Impressive!  Isn't this from the newly elected Sheriff whom was expected to not sign?  Didn't she say prior to the election that she wouldn't sign?Am I remembering the wrong person???

You remember correctly.

She doesn't sign, it's delegated . Quite possible she has bigger things to worry about and is just letting things go on as they have always gone .
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 4:30:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
She doesn't sign, it's delegated . Quite possible she has bigger things to worry about and is just letting things go on as they have always gone .
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You remember correctly.

Since it would be pretty easy for her NOT to authorize that delegation, I'm going to mark this development down in the "Good" category.  I wonder what changed her mind?
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 4:48:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Since it would be pretty easy for her NOT to authorize that delegation, I'm going to mark this development down in the "Good" category.  I wonder what changed her mind?
View Quote

Maybe she wised up to the fact that people could just get the same things anyway via a trust or corporate entity ... without having to go through the whole process with them where they ask you questions that are none of their business in their "packet." So, she figured it was better to get people on the SO's radar instead of letting them use the stealth methods.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 7:30:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You remember correctly.

I stopped over at lunch one day from work and the LT who does the sign off is a former Old Guard guy, him and I chatted a bit, swapped some stories and I got my forms back two days later.  Overall, I'm happy and am probably going to push through a few more forms while I can.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 4:55:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You remember correctly.

You are correct...she does not sign the forms herself. She does have to authorize her subordinate to sign for her. The subordinate stamps it with her name and then they sign it saying they are authorized to sign. All she would need to do is tell the subordinate to stop signing them.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 8:14:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Only reasons I could see she still authorizes him to sign is she is looking at re election or she truly does not care about it and has other things on her plate. NOVA votes blue for the most part but there are still a lot of gun owners here and she would piss them all off if she went total retard on firearms.

I don't have inside info just making a educated guess.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 11:01:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Only reasons I could see she still authorizes him to sign is she is looking at re election or she truly does not care about it and has other things on her plate. NOVA votes blue for the most part but there are still a lot of gun owners here and she would piss them all off if she went total retard on firearms.

I don't have inside info just making a educated guess.
View Quote

I really do not care why she does it....I am just glad she does it still. And to be honest, it seems things have even gotten better since she has been there. I'm talking NFA sign off times being better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top